Drum Corps Parody Pictures

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, because the purity of the drum corps activity is somehow lost if you call the instruments what they actually are. That makes sense.

Woah. I just have trouble calling them 'trumpets' when I have been calling them sopranos for the rest of my life, and now am having difficulty calling the instrument in general something else. I consider that to make plenty sense.

Jesus Christ... Guys, seriously, soprano or trumpet, that's still a sweet shot.

Nice Hrothgar, I'm not anywhere near inclined with computer technology, so I would never be able to make a sig like that.

The rest of you, mellow out over the whole sop/trumpet thing. God.

Bb = Trumpet

G = Soprano

Poodle is right... Trumpet!

Sorry guys, LanceSquire is correct. The word "soprano" refers to a range of sound in the typical music choir. Since the trumpet is the drum corps instrument that plays that voice, the term soprano applies just as correctly now as it did 30 years ago.

Sweet picture too.

Wow...that was the worst digression ever...Someone wants to talk about awesome sigs and parody photoshops and you get an argument about the nomenclature of the high brass voice. If it counts, Phantom's contra (yes, as of '04 they were TUBAS) shirt that looked like the Corona logo was pretty sweet (I think I'm remembering correctly!)

Edited by PhantomFanT10

Note to all: I'm not arguing or trying to change the direction of the thread! Simply stating that out of habit I call trumpets sopranos! You caught me! :feednotroll:

Fair enough. I apologize. :worthy:

If I were tech-savvy at all, I'd get a photo of Phantom's 96 quad line and call it...

Are you ready?...

The Three Tenors.

Anybody who wants to may use that. It'll be funnier when it's visual.