"New Twist" to Classic Countdown

Well, here's what I think. Have any of you heard about people being able to vote on the NBC site between a bunch of medal winners, adn then have the winner of that vote go on The Apprentice? They will be doing the same thing, but with the Senior drum majors of each of the corps in the Countdown!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has actually happened. Blue Knights during 1996 semifinals had to stop and restart their show because the wind had picked up so much from an oncoming storm front that guard members were getting smashed in the face by their equipment.

Happened a few years back to Glassmen in Allentown as well. That was really neat those kids kept on going through that driving downpour until the lightning came. Probably Gmen's biggest ovation ever.

Steve and Michael will talk over top of the performances?? :worthy:

'81 Montreal, really annoying

Each corps will be drug tested before performing and any positive tests will result in thier immediate removal from the countdown :)

I guess 2000 BD is out.

Happened a few years back to Glassmen in Allentown as well. That was really neat those kids kept on going through that driving downpour until the lightning came. Probably Gmen's biggest ovation ever.

'81 Montreal, really annoying

I guess 2000 BD is out.

There was no talking for the '81 Montreal because that finals was never released in the U.S. They showed the Mid-West championships intead. Now in 1982 they DID talk during the corps performances and that was annoying.

I haven't read every post yet, but I think the clue is with Sophia Lauren. She helped carry the Olympic flag out during this year's Olympic opening ceremonies. She also was a co-commentador for the 1980 finals. Maybe DCI asked her to be the one to narrate the 2006 DCI Classic Countdown.

OK....if I'm right do I get a prize? :P

I haven't read every post yet, but I think the clue is with Sophia Lauren. She helped carry the Olympic flag out during this year's Olympic opening ceremonies. She also was a co-commentador for the 1980 finals. Maybe DCI asked her to be the one to narrate the 2006 DCI Classic Countdown.

OK....if I'm right do I get a prize? :P

She was? I could have sworn that was Rita Moreno hating on us! ^0^

She was? I could have sworn that was Rita Moreno hating on us! ^0^

It was Rita Moreno. She called us unmusical (I guess there is some room for debate there with the hornline). She didn't recognize "On the Twentieth Century" for some reason. I mean she is a Broadway person and I'm pretty sure we played it pretty much as the original (with editing for time purposes of course). If I remember correctly she didn't offer much in the way of commentary for anyone.

It was Rita Moreno. She called us unmusical (I guess there is some room for debate there with the hornline). She didn't recognize "On the Twentieth Century" for some reason. I mean she is a Broadway person and I'm pretty sure we played it pretty much as the original (with editing for time purposes of course). If I remember correctly she didn't offer much in the way of commentary for anyone.

Yeah that's funny.."On the twentieth century" unmusical? :sshh: What does she know? :worthy: Or anything 27th Lancers does...yeah she should've gotten that connection.

Edited by Lancerlady