Capital Regiment ContraCam

eqlou

Really? I heard alot of intonation issues and not the best quality of tone. Not that it matters.
First off, I thought these videos were spectacular, great job Sears!!! :huh:

And 'Einstien on the Beach', well, sorry it didn't float your boat. I challenge you to stick a camera mic anywhere within a 20 yard vicinity of a hornline and try to produce perfect intonation. It's an imperfection with technology and the dB level being too much for what the recording source can handle. Basically, anything will ultimately distort to some degree when played incredibly loud next to an open mic. Plus, how long was he playing that day before this was recorded? I'm guessing somewhere in the range of 8, maybe 10 hours.

Thanks again Sears, see you at the next camp!

Edited by IMcomguy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I heard alot of intonation issues and not the best quality of tone. Not that it matters.

Seriously guy, can you EVER resist the urge to do that? Really.

:huh:

Just watching that has got my heartrate up! I can't wait to be back out at Mars doing run-thus... :huh:

Rookie, don't talk.

BEST RESPONSE EVER!

:rolleyes::blink::wub::wub:

Rookie, don't talk.

Ha! You win!

It was our last full rehearsal day of 2005 (my last one, ever) and, therefore, our last rehearsal day run-through. It was an emotional experience. We're not the Cadets, we're a 13th place hornline (and proud of it). We sound like a 13th place hornline would if you stood in the middle of the field at the end of a long day and listened to individual people as they moved around you.

I'm not really getting super-defensive. There are some nasty sounds, I agree. We're just... what we are. :)

Ha! You win!

It was our last full rehearsal day of 2005 (my last one, ever) and, therefore, our last rehearsal day run-through. It was an emotional experience. We're not the Cadets, we're a 13th place hornline (and proud of it). We sound like a 13th place hornline would if you stood in the middle of the field at the end of a long day and listened to individual people as they moved around you.

I'm not really getting super-defensive. There are some nasty sounds, I agree. We're just... what we are. :)

I saw you guys in Columbus, and your horn line was great! Loved hearing it again in the standstill. Also saw you at quarters.

As someone who had never heard of you before you came on the field that night, I was an instant fan!

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to '06.