DCI and DCA's relationship? (curiosity killing me)

After the 71 season, when Garfield fired George Tuthill a good portion of us in the drumline quit to march with the Cabs, where he was also the drum guy. The oldest of us was 19 or so. Most around 18.

I think about 6 or 7 of us went over (a lot in those days, percentaqge-wise)...though I shortly rejoined Garfield and played baritone in 72.

You missed out on the double congas ?! b**bs

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to dig up the shot from 1978 of our Triple line.

Two were in HS, one was either HS or college (can't remember) and the other was your dad on his farewell tour. To me, that shot told the whole story of our age breakdown.

And Holy ####, I left as a six season veteran at 22 years and a few weeks old.....

and Dad ruined them forever :P

Alright, when i started reading this thread an hour ago there were only 4 pages, now it's up to 11 and i still haven't caught up. All i'm gonna say is, "what's wrong with downing a keg before a show and still going out there and showin' up a junior corps?"

DCA corps are a lot of fun. We have a good time, but we also put in a ton of effort. And to whoever said you dont' get comraderie outta a DCA corps needs to come down off his high horse. I've never had a better group of people in my life. I've never done DCI and never will, too expensive, and now i'm too old. And i'm pretty sure i'll never feel like i missed anything special

#### in the time it took me to type that it went from 11 to 16...screw it. i'm going to bed, you losers can argue into the wee hours of the morning but i'm nto interested

Alright, when i started reading this thread an hour ago there were only 4 pages, now it's up to 11 and i still haven't caught up. All i'm gonna say is, "what's wrong with downing a keg before a show and still going out there and showin' up a junior corps?"

DCA corps are a lot of fun. We have a good time, but we also put in a ton of effort. And to whoever said you dont' get comraderie outta a DCA corps needs to come down off his high horse. I've never had a better group of people in my life. I've never done DCI and never will, too expensive, and now i'm too old. And i'm pretty sure i'll never feel like i missed anything special

Um, no. Yesterday there was like "9 -12" pages and today things have actually slowed down quite a bit on this thread. Don't know how you saw only "4" pages any time this evening. Perhaps you were downing a keg tonight? :P

Relax, nobody is knocking a little DCA partying. I only made the comment that there are probably better things to put on a documentary. Does the company you work for ever have parties? If not yours, some obviously do. But, you usually don't see a company help wanted add saying "we party like animals". There is a time and a place for everything.

Edited by torn8o

i dont see much arguing here. i see a lot of good dialog and educating about both sides

#### in the time it took me to type that it went from 11 to 16...screw it. i'm going to bed, you losers can argue into the wee hours of the morning but i'm nto interested

Dude, you have lost it. This thread has been in the teens all day. For crying out loud, you and I are the only one's even reading it this evening. Go have another. :P

Edited by torn8o

i dont see much arguing here. i see a lot of good dialog and educating about both sides

Ah don't worry about it. Once his hang over wears off in the morning, he will realize that he was completely talking crazy.

Dude. BNYContra. :P I AM just messing with you. But seriously, you DO make me wonder if you are on something if you think that this thread has had any more than maybe 4 posts in the last several hours. :) Yeah, like...JUST YOU, ME and jeffsnewjetta. :)

Edited by torn8o