2006 DCI Classic Countdown

IMO, I wouldn't say that Crown's show was voted on by the general public. It was on their website, so all their alumni would know about it, and be encouraged to vote for it. I'd be curious to find out what the response at the theatres will be when the singing and narration is going on.

I've said this before, and while some argue other corps did the same thing, this is true. And there is nothing wrong with that at all.

I agree, I still don't think it was voted on by the general public as much as some of the pro vocals/amps like to think this is some indication that this is what the general public wants. I digress...but..hey..to each their own right?

I think the argument that the votes for the 00's ran out cause there were too many great shows to pick from for the other years is accurate in this instance..but..(shrugs) oh well....Overall, I like this list..

And just consider this a history lesson for those who want to stay home cause some show they voted for didn't make it in...

Edited by Lancerlady

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As did the 1984 Garfield Cadets.

Yes but they didn't need any stinking microphones..and I didn't mind those vocals... :P

Edited by Lancerlady

Even if Crown got 300 votes, that would equal the amount VK 1992 received last year. Yet some would hold up one as the very definition of entertainment, and blast the other as garbage.

Maybe so........but the crowd reaction to 1992 VK vs. 2004 Crown on the DVD speaks for itself! :P

You can't use this vote for your point of view anymore than a person can use the "amp petition" numbers against you. DCI did not allow the petition in the stands in Denver....because I never saw it and I was there all three nights for all the corps. Also DCI does not poll the crowd for their opinion on issues. Until they do that you have no real number to go on....no one does. :)

Folks here in DCP try to use that petition all the time.

Since the DCI vote was open to everyone, the fact that Crown 2004 made the list as opposed to dozens of other possible shows at least says something, IMO. Not proof, of course...but IMO cuts off some of the anti-amp argument about how they are such a negative to the 'real' DCI audience member (read as 'we' according to some here).

What is the definition of a "real" DCI audience member?

Edited by LaSqueegee

Folks here in DCP try to use that petition all the time.

Since the DCI vote was open to everyone, the fact that Crown 2004 made the list as opposed to dozens of other possible shows at least says something, IMO. Not proof, of course...but IMO cuts off some of the anti-amp argument about how they are such a negative to the 'real' DCI audience member (read as 'we' according to some here).

Actually, we don't know that at all, and won't until/unless DCI releases the vote tallies. It's quite possible that the Crown show got in by block voting. I'm not suggesting it did, but it is quite possible.

Next time out, I will summon the power of TotalFARK to get a better line-up!

Actually, we don't know that at all, and won't until/unless DCI releases the vote tallies. It's quite possible that the Crown show got in by block voting. I'm not suggesting it did, but it is quite possible.

How would releasing vote tallies prove that one way or the other?

I voted for Crown 04'.....SHOOT ME!..... :worthy:

Nothing wrong with that..I like the show too, I just choose to ignore the beatnik poetry and singing and other then that, it's a great show. :)

Oh and I was going to make a point, maybe some people can over look that part of the show and still like it and others should take into account that point and that having the amps/singing part of it in, doesn't mean it is an argument for or against one way or another. It just means some like the show.

Edited by Lancerlady