2006 DCI Classic Countdown

I voted for Crown 04'.....SHOOT ME!..... :worthy:

I won't shoot you for that..........but I will shoot you for being a Duke fan!!! :P

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like the poetry stuff either...but the opener and Bohemian Rhapsody were both impressive! Congrats to Crown on having a show on the countdown!

How would releasing vote tallies prove that one way or the other?

You take a look at Crown 04's total votes, versus total number of voters. You take a look at where it is relative to everything else. If it has an overwhelming number of votes, it was probably a result of block-voting.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, just that i *might* be the case.

You take a look at Crown 04's total votes, versus total number of voters. You take a look at where it is relative to everything else. If it has an overwhelming number of votes, it was probably a result of block-voting.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, just that i *might* be the case.

Possibly...not probably...or maybe that many actually liked that show.

Also DCI does not poll the crowd for their opinion on issues. Until they do that you have no real number to go on....no one does. :)

DCI does do random sample polling at various show sites throughout the year.

Stef

Random Poll Taker 2005

I think the argument that the votes for the 00's ran out cause there were too many great shows to pick from for the other years is accurate in this instance..but..(shrugs) oh well....Overall, I like this list..

Even if you'd used Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Cadets, SCV, Phantom, Madison, I can still name Crossmen 2002, Spirit 2003, Boston 2003, Bluecoats 2003, Glassmen 2001, Seattle 2002, Magic 2002, Blue Knights 2000, and so much more.

There are plenty of corps to choose from in the 2000's, besides Crown, and that's even after accounting for each corps only appearing once. But Crown 2004 is the show that was selected over any of those others. Sure, some of that may be that Crown attempted to organize a vote, but I'm guessing so did every other corps that didn't make the list. Yet Crown '04 was selected. There's a reason for that.

Sorry, Bluecoats had a good corps last year, however, their show was very forgettable and overrated.

yeah... i'm sure they'll never get voted onto any "classic" type program DCI puts out... you've got a point there, man...

....oh wait...

Edited by nero14

To each their own. For my taste, the Bluecoats drumspeak was an example of amplified voice done very poorly. It placed absolutely zero demand on the performer or the ensemble, and it was downright un-interesting, if not boring. In my opinion, it is absurd to compare the Cadets drumspeak (which involved several performers articulating difficult passages together) with the Bluecoats (which involved one performer repeating the same un-interesting chant over and over). Sorry, Bluecoats had a good corps last year, however, their show was very forgettable and overrated.

I'm not saying your opinions aren't valid - cuz you had the experience of the Bluecoats that you had. It's what it was for you. B)

For me, of the shows that I got to see last year, I found the Bluecoats' show to the be the one show I just couldn't get out of my head. Anything but forgettable. They were absolutely on fire when I saw them in Dallas in July. IMO, they had the best guard on the field that night too. And I thought the energy of that corps really came through on the Quarters broadcast (Which I think was quite an accomplishment this year since the camera seemed to spend most of the time focussing on individuals and not attempting to capture the overall feel of any corps.)

And also for me, I found the Bluecoats' use of the tribal chant thing to be a really nice, subtle addition to the music. (And I'm pretty "anti-amp" when it comes down to it.) I totally got what they were doing having the guy speak in the syllables that are used to teach drummers in whatever language that was (some form of Indian?).

And IF I buy the DVDs for this year it will be because I really want to see the 2005 Bluecoats again... primarily.

Even if you'd used Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Cadets, SCV, Phantom, Madison, I can still name Crossmen 2002, Spirit 2003, Boston 2003, Bluecoats 2003, Glassmen 2001, Seattle 2002, Magic 2002, Blue Knights 2000, and so much more.

There are plenty of corps to choose from in the 2000's, besides Crown, and that's even after accounting for each corps only appearing once. But Crown 2004 is the show that was selected over any of those others. Sure, some of that may be that Crown attempted to organize a vote, but I'm guessing so did every other corps that didn't make the list. Yet Crown '04 was selected. There's a reason for that.

The only reason for that is because of the organized vote drive imo...I voted for Spirit 03 and Phantom 03 but..I think Crown made more of a visible effort then the other corps for that particular show, it was on their website. :)

I didn't really see any of the other corps make the same effort for a particular year...who knows.....It doesn't really matter does it? I still am NOT buying the argument that this is what the pro amp people audience or "general audience" want..sorry...

Edited by Lancerlady

I still am NOT buying the argument that this is what the pro amp people audience or "general audience" want..sorry...

Well, nothing personal, but that's one thing I can't say I ever expect to see your opinion change on. :P