DCI should release a DVD of visual highlights

This is from the topic posted earlier that had the greatest visual moments compiled.

It wouldnt even have to be the full show...it could be highlights of great visual moments...though a viewing of the entire show might be necessary to understand whats going on.

I personally would like to see some of the cool visual stuff that was pulled off in the 70s and early 80s. That is the era of DCI that i'm least familar with.

This is from the topic posted earlier that had the greatest visual moments compiled.

It wouldnt even have to be the full show...it could be highlights of great visual moments...though a viewing of the entire show might be necessary to understand whats going on.

I personally would like to see some of the cool visual stuff that was pulled off in the 70s and early 80s. That is the era of DCI that i'm least familar with.

I'd buy it!

Try searching Google Video for "awesome dci drill".

Have fun! :)

Edited by MagicBobert

Perhaps a DVD series:

* "Visual Classics" - The 70's

* "Visual Classics" - The '80's

etc.

Then, maybe

* "Great hornlines" - The 70's

etc

* "Great Percussion" - the 70's, etc.

They can touch on some of the shows with classic drill moves (Sunburst, Z-Pull, Cav's Kaleidoscopic stuff of the 90's, BD's box rotations, etc), and guard programs, or even flawless visual execustion.

Other DVD's could focus on some of the more storied drumlines/drum solos, and hornlines.

Could be interesting, and it would be another (easy) way for DCI to repackage their product to sell to us.

--

doug

They used to have products like this when they were with Video Express.

At least a best drum solos video, I have one.

I think it would be really cool if they released a DVD showing amazing transformations...where they showed a corps performance early in the season and then immediately showed the finals to performance of that same show...so that the audience can see how much shows change (well..usually).

I wouldnt mind a bloopers DVD, but that could be pretty controversial.

How about bloopers at rehersals or other shows? Just not finals...that would hurt too much.

I like the bloopers idea...a lot. If DCI did something like that, it would probably end up being my very first DVD purchase from them B) .

I'm not sure a DCI bloopers video would work all that well (if we're talking about finals' bloopers)... It'd be like watching Red Sox fans watch the ball go between Bill Buckner's legs repeatedly - more painful than funny.

I wouldn't like a finals bloopers (agreed, a little painful) so much as a rehearsal and/or regular show one.