Most Intimidating Look

In my opinion it is the aussie which is intimidating. The way it shades and hides the eyes without being over top of them. Decide for yourself. (Keep in mind my corps were a shako corps and a nothing corps.)

No Aussie:

348727.jpg

071203_dscf0021.jpg

Aussie:

cavie_4129.jpg

389727.jpg

No offense to BK or Spirit (one of my favorite uniforms, well not the '05 version, but...), but were talking about pure look here.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My actual marching experience in drum corps sort of mirrors Crash Davis in "Bull Durham" - I was only in the show a short time. But I remember the first show in Kenosha's Ice Bowl. All the corps dressed in a nearby armory, and the Kilties were placed between Des Plaines and the Cavaliers. The Blue Stars were the surprise winners that night. I remember changing into my civies while listening to guys from Des Plaines pounding on tables while chanting, "We don't take no #%@& from Cavaliers. The Cavies didn't say anything - they just slowly wrapped their belt buckles to their fists with their belts. Needless to say, I got the heck out of their FAST.
Yeah, those old Cavies buckles were legendary.

Oh yeah, SCV. The whole aussie shadow covering the eyes kinda does it for me.

Agreed.

What is it about seeing a d1 corps that makes each member look gigantic? Oh yeah, SCV. The whole aussie shadow covering the eyes kinda does it for me.

i know thats what it is that gives me this feeling

but the feeling isnt intimidating

it kinda feels like angry

Three Way Tie:

Cavies/Santa Clara/Star of India(na)

I can't believe how many people arent saying the Cadets. They are one of the most intense and intimidating corps around right now. My vote goes to SCV, Cadets, and Boston. These are the 3 corps that look the most intimidating to me. Not to take away from the Cavaliers or anything but nothing about them intimidate me. Everytime i'm near them there laughing and playing and talking hardly doing anything to intimidate me.

I can't believe how many people arent saying the Cadets. They are one of the most intense and intimidating corps around right now. My vote goes to SCV, Cadets, and Boston. These are the 3 corps that look the most intimidating to me. Not to take away from the Cavaliers or anything but nothing about them intimidate me. Everytime i'm near them there laughing and playing and talking hardly doing anything to intimidate me.

The Cadets' uniform just screams happy to me. Yes, they are hardcore, and that can be intimidating, but their (note correct usage of the word "their") uniform? Not so much...not to me, at least.

I agree that the Cavaliers aren't intimidating when they're (ooh, there it is again...gotta love homonyms) goofing off, but the uniform itself can look pretty intense sometimes.

In my opinion it is the aussie which is intimidating. The way it shades and hides the eyes without being over top of them. Decide for yourself. (Keep in mind my corps were a shako corps and a nothing corps.)

No offense to BK or Spirit (one of my favorite uniforms, well not the '05 version, but...), but were talking about pure look here.

In all fairness, you're comparing two corps from the lower half of the top 12 to two corps that have won numerous championships. This isn't to say that the lower corps don't take themselves seriously, but I think there's more of an expectation of greatness and a confidence that lends itself well to being intimidating.

That said, Boston is always extremely intimidating... I think BD does well with the "one-finger-between-the-nose-and-shako" technique, too.

I gotta agree. I bet there just as many pics of the BD drumline looking intense and intimidating as any other corps. And they wear band hats...I mean shakos. ;)