Most Intimidating Look

i see what people say when they talk about aussies having the full shadow but you have to remember, the moment they look up to the dm or raise their horns above 10 degrees the shadow is gone because of the location of the lights. pictures also add shadow that isnt exactly there. in a live show setting it is easier to see the performers face. to solve that problem they would have to place the aussies lower on their heads which would give them a slanted look. now, the helmets (if worn correctly) dont let any light touch the eyes. in my opinion the most import factor of intimidation is the corps. it changes from year to year who has "the look." i think its based more on confidence, strength, and in some ways age, not what they are wearing.

Edited by mtsueuph

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aussies are more intimidating than shakos.

but helmets are more intimidating than all the above.

89462uw.jpg

^0^

~>conner

There's no school like the old school... I would take Vintage Kingsmen and Vintage Freelancers ANY DAY of the week, twice on Sunday.

I do agree, for the most part. I've seen some exceptions (like BD celebrating during retreat, after wins), but corps like the Freelancers, etc....none can compare. Boston is definitely the closest, but their demeanor DURING shows (park and blows, pointing at cameras, etc.) contradicts the intensity and makes them less intimidating than they otherwise would be. Not a knock on their show design, but it just doesn't really fit the aura they strive to give off, when not on the field performing.

Having worn many different types of headgear (including the shako and aussie), I personally prefer the aussie. I think it is pretty intimidating if the corps members know how to wear it right. The only time I remember thinking shakos were somewhat intimidating is when I see the Blue Devils snareline. Either that or the really old looking BD trumpet/soprano players (you know, lots of facial hair...hehe).

Cavaliers really don't intimidate me at all (even with their aussies). They're always goofing off.

Intimidating =

SCV 99 Baritone Soloist

Crossmen 2002 Drum Major

PR 2004 when they were standing in the tunnel in Kalamazoo

Just to name a few instances that come to mind.

IMHO

Right now I have images of pink uniforms with the Mickey Mouse Club closer going through my mind. Just don't see the intimidating look with Star.

M -i-c (see how we spend money) k-e-y (Why? because we're corporate sponsored). M-o-n-e-y

:grouphug:

Honestly....... Why must you????

That horse is dead..... quit beating it...... please!

<**>

He he....

Hey seargent.... Is that a sword you have there or are you just happy to see me? b**bs

:lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit: