Your first DCA Drum Corps video

torn8o

They didnt make videos when I was watching DCA every year in my hometown of Rochester NY during the 60's and 70's when all the corps had around 60-70 horns and the visual programs consisted of straight lines and a concert formation...lol

I started in 1958 (ya DA...the Geritol years) we were still waiting for our first Color T.V.) Video's were not even in the dictionary yet. (Still not sure if they are......but then Cadet Vocals may not be there either b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs ^0^ (Yep.....just had a Labatt's.........)

(Lost my Breathalizer to keyboard Interface/Outerface...............whatever.....

Edited by melligene

The first DCA video I ever saw was from 1994. (The year Statesmen won with the Frank Sinatra show) Prior to that I had seen the Bayou City Blues from Houston at the ExSIGHTment of SOUND DCI show at Rice University Stadium in 1992. At that time BCB was just a standstill / parade corps.

first video i was was in 1989 when DCA first released them tho i saw my first show in 1969 at 4 weeks old.

tho i did see several old movies, and got 86 and 87 on dvd from a friend

I started in 1958 (ya DA...the Geritol years) we were still waiting for our first Color T.V.) Video's were not even in the dictionary yet. (Still not sure if they are......but then Cadet Vocals may not be there either b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs ^0^ (Yep.....just had a Labatt's.........)

(Lost my Breathalizer to keyboard Interface/Outerface...............whatever.....

My first Drum Corps video was the Blue Devils in 1982. (I was 16.) I saw this video at my first Corps Camp with the ERIE THUNDERBIRDS. I have never seen or heard of Drum Corps before and I was amazed. It was then explained to me the difference between Jr. and Sr. Corps.

The most amazing video I have ever seen was the 1976 Hawthorne Caballeros. I saw this video at Jimmy Russo's house in Fairlawn, NJ. The soloist had a perfect show. What was incredible was the fact that during each solo he was "marking time."

It took me years to figure out and play the solo's from '74 & '76 Hawthorne. I had no idea that it was a DCA rule back then for soloists to mark time. I've tried it..........it ain't easy!

Two questions (just for fun to see where everyone started).

1) What was the first DCA Drum Corps video/DVD you ever owned?

2) Did you see that video/DVD before or after your first time seeing a DCA drum corps show live?

1) I don't own one. :( Not even of the year of march, so that means I haven't even seen the show yet. :(

2) See 1)

Video?

When I started marching Stetson Richmond was the man. I wore out that 78 rpm recording of 1957 Cabs and Reilly.

The first video I ever saw of Drum Corps was the 1959 Grey Knights of Rochester, NY recorded on 8mm film by my old friends Wally and Mary Filkins. I hope his son has preserved those old films, they are a treasure.

speaking of dca videos video.google.com search dca

Edited by AlbionNY Drum Line