Classic Countdown

Most Anticipated Show  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Which show are you most looking forward to seeing on the big screen?

• 1975 27th Lancers
    • 1979 Blue Devils
    • 1980 Bridgemen
    • 1984 Garfield Cadets
    • 1988 Madison Scouts
    • 1989 Phantom Regiment
    • 1992 Crossmen
    • 1993 Star of Indiana
    • 1995 Cavaliers
    • 1999 Santa Clara Vanguard
    • 2004 Carolina Crown
    • 2005 Bluecoats

Simple question. I'm still trying to decide, though. It's going to be either Star 1993 or SCV 1999, though the Crown and 'Coats shows should be fun, too.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavies 95'...one of my favorites of all time!!! Phantom Regiment 89' is pretty freaking awesome too...can't wait

Tough call for me....but I went with 1993 Star of Indiana. The energy in the last 3 minutes of that show is just plan over the top. That show won at my very first drum corps show back in 1993 and the rest is personal histroy!! :)

This show will probably get me out of my seat at the movies....so don't sit by me!!!! ^OO^

I am also looking forward to 1989 Phantom Regiment because I really don't give it enough attention on my DVD/CD player.....I know...I know!!! b**bs

As for the 2000s shows I am beyond disappointed. I don't care for amps at all, especially amped vocals. Even if you take that out of Crowns show I still don't see the big deal. I respect the climb that Crown has made but there are still corps that have never made the Countdown that have had better success from a competitive stand point (Glassmen, BK, Suncoast Sound to name a few).

I think corps can take a lesson from what Crown did. The organization decided to push a certain year....I didn't see Cadets, Cavies, BD, Regiment, SCV, Glassmen, etc. doing that at all. The alumni of an organization can have a lot of influence, IMO.

Anyway...I look forward to the countdown....and when 1999 SCV is done and we move into the 2000s all I will be thinking is "this is not the best this decade has to offer, a decade which is turing out to be the best one, IMO." :beer:

Edited by LaSqueegee

I have all of these DVD's except for 92, 99 and the 00's. I am looking forward to 99 SCV because I've never seen it and the Crossmen show cause I've never seen that either. And I can't wait for all of you to see 27th Lancers playing on those rotaries. :)

Edited by Lancerlady

duh :P

:P Some people might not realize that, believe it or not. So many on here are for the newer decades it seems. I think it's incredilble, anybody that ever played on rotaries in tune with a great horn line.. :beer: