Championships in Indianapolis

:beer:

Really?

I had no idea that BOA was involved with this offer from Indianapolis. I thought it was the city who offered, not BOA..

Oh wait.. that's right.. you're speculating again. BOA wants to melt DCI into its operations so they can make all marching "arts" just plain marching "band" as part of their greater scheme to take over the universe -- I keep forgetting about that.

Where are those black helicopters when you need them? :wub:

Stef

Uh, no, Stef...don't go there this time. :)

Was it not mentioned that the offices would be in the same building? I'm pretty sure it was.

Don't start with that "taking over the universe" crap...no one is insinuating anything here about corps v. band in this thread. So, don't even try to paint me as saying that.

It's a known fact that DCI and BOA have been doing more together lately, and have a working relationship. If you think that doesn't factor into such a move, then so be it. However, the "speculation" has its roots in all the clinics, cross-pollination and so forth that we've seen in the past as things have progressed along.

I'll get back to you once we "assimilate" woodwinds, though. :P ^0^

Edited by bawker

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it not mentioned that the offices would be in the same building? I'm pretty sure it was.

Don't start with that "taking over the universe" crap...no one is insinuating anything here about corps v. band in this thread. So, don't even try to paint me as saying that.

It's a known fact that DCI and BOA have been doing more together lately, and have a working relationship. If you think that doesn't factor into such a move, then so be it. However, the "speculation" has its roots in all the clinics, cross-pollination and so forth that we've seen that past as things have progressed along.

I'll get back to you once we "assimilate" woodwinds, though. :P ^0^

As for woodwinds, let me quote the fabulously beautiful Alyson Hannigan:

"this one year, at bandcamp..."

I dont know... it depends on how good the stadium is.

If that's the case, I will never get to march in Madison, which bites... Since I'm starting next year, I'll get to be part of the first class that goes to West Coast, but that's the only Variety... And Since I hate out in 2012, I wont get to go back to west coast.

dont really know how I feel. As long as the venue is good, I guess.

~>conner

You're right. In the same building with NAMM, too.. but even though DCI goes to the NAMM conference and does lots of less high profile visibility stuff (to US) with NAMM they're not "buddy buddy" with them, right? Because even though I guess somehow they figure they are trying to reach largely the same audience.. they shouldn't have anything at all whatsoever to do with BOA.. they should definitely just duplicate all those marketing efforts on their own and without sharing the expense of those same efforts with anyone else.. that would keep DCI "pure" ampssuck

If you can't step back from your disdain long enough to look at a business partnership like DCI and BOA share for the intelligent business it truly is, then I guess I really AM glad you aren't DCI's exec. director. The two organizations are similar enough to draw the same crowds for different reasons.. and different enough to lose only miniscule numbers to each other exclusively.. ANY corporation in that position would be ridiculously stupid not to jump on board that wagon!

No one needs to insinuate it, my friend.. you do that well enough on your own:

Well, part of the move is due to the buddy buddy relationship with BOA that they've moved towards the past few years... if the offices end up going, DCI and BOA will be housed in the same building.

and then you followed it up with:

It's a known fact that DCI and BOA have been doing more together lately, and have a working relationship. If you think that doesn't factor into such a move, then so be it. However, the "speculation" has its roots in all the clinics, cross-pollination and so forth that we've seen in the past as things have progressed along.

I'm really curious where you get your facts from. Just because it's a known fact that they collaborate on some events and marketing opportunities doesn't automatically equate to some back room deals between BOA and DCI to leverage a move to Indianapolis.. Frankly, the business partnership between two SIMILAR organizations who reach the SAME AUDIENCE means diddly squat in reference to the decision to move or not move.. Their shared events take place all over the country -- so the real-time benefit to being down the hall from each other is negligible at best.. fodder for the DCI-haters at worst..

But I gotta hand it to you.. at least your consistent with your "pseudo-facts based on pure speculation" -- you rarely waver despite the inaccuracies in your theories.

Stef

You're right. In the same building with NAMM, too.. but even though DCI goes to the NAMM conference and does lots of less high profile visibility stuff (to US) with NAMM they're not "buddy buddy" with them, right? Because even though I guess somehow they figure they are trying to reach largely the same audience.. they shouldn't have anything at all whatsoever to do with BOA.. they should definitely just duplicate all those marketing efforts on their own and without sharing the expense of those same efforts with anyone else.. that would keep DCI "pure" ampssuck

If you can't step back from your disdain long enough to look at a business partnership like DCI and BOA share for the intelligent business it truly is, then I guess I really AM glad you aren't DCI's exec. director. The two organizations are similar enough to draw the same crowds for different reasons.. and different enough to lose only miniscule numbers to each other exclusively.. ANY corporation in that position would be ridiculously stupid not to jump on board that wagon!

and then you followed it up with:

I'm really curious where you get your facts from. Just because it's a known fact that they collaborate on some events and marketing opportunities doesn't automatically equate to some back room deals between BOA and DCI to leverage a move to Indianapolis.. Frankly, the business partnership between two SIMILAR organizations who reach the SAME AUDIENCE means diddly squat in reference to the decision to move or not move.. Their shared events take place all over the country -- so the real-time benefit to being down the hall from each other is negligible at best.. fodder for the DCI-haters at worst..

But I gotta hand it to you.. at least your consistent with your "pseudo-facts based on pure speculation" -- you rarely waver despite the inaccuracies in your theories.

Stef

Hyuk! b**bs

Looking for a villian tonight, it seems, eh?

I know it's easy for you to paint with those big Crayola crayons and pass me off as a hater here, but that's simply not true. If I figured things were truly that black and white, I wouldn't be a member of BOA's little "Season Pass", go to some of the regionals, or try to "get" other peoples viewpoints here.

No one said that DCI and BOA shouldn't work together...or market themselves together in this thread. No one has said anything about keeping DCI "pure" in this thread. Not even once...these are things you infer...for whatever reason.

I know it's hard not to go after people in your effort to make anyone who disagrees with you, DCI or anything else as wrong-headed, but let's try, m' kay? :beer:

Furthermore:

If you can't step back from your disdain long enough to look at a business partnership like DCI and BOA share for the intelligent business it truly is

Disdain? Laughable. I believe I was the one saying it made sense...given where DCI wants to go these days, not the other way around. It makes complete business sense, as does marketing towards the BOA marcher. Whatever qualms I may have about the direction of DCI or BOA artistically is completely another issue...so let's keep that on another thread where it belongs, not take this into the million other threads ( and their derivatives) we have on this.

I have enough business acumen to know that this deal is much larger than either DCI or BOA, thanks. However, the relationship between BOA and DCI is a part of that ball of wax. Isn't neccessarily a big part, or even all that important, given the audiences. But, it's still there.

The "buddy buddy" comment is made in reference to the fact that a few years ago, there weren't all these clinics and so forth taking place. Now, we see ads for DCI on BOA's site, lots of the same type of marketing, and more. Perhaps you took offense to "buddy buddy" as having some sort of negative meaning. Let's call it "working relationship" then, to alleviate that, if that's the case.

You do an exceptional job of presenting your own psuedo-facts about what I believe in order to make your point. Do you have a home course I can take? :P

so, after that love fest......

pros: free home for DCI...lowers costs a lot. everyone knows where they will be for 10 years( minus 2013). can help the partnership with BOA bloom. City will be very supportive.

negatives: many fans like a rotation. what happens after the 10 years....do costs go up? is DCI screwed? will other cities that have hosted tell DCI "oh sure, now you want us?

i see plusses on each side. i see minuses on each side. i have no permanent bias either way, but no matter what they choose, they will be ###### if they do and ###### if they don't.

to me, the real loser is the West Coast...they finally get finals, will maybe have to wait 6 years to get it again, and then who only knows.

I'm really curious where you get your facts from.

Stef

Good lord - I feel like I'm in high school debate class again....

Edited by radiosteele

New DCI/BOA recruitment poster...

120629WCEB_w.jpg

Hey, I'd join... ^0^ :P

ha

you should put that in the parady pics thread