Brace yourselves...

Err..Crown didn't use vocals last year. That was 2004. If you are going to #####..at least get your facts right.

If you want to leave..go..goodbye..see you..enjoy yout hotdog and keggers at DCA. I doubt anyone will miss you. <**>

Forgive me for screwing up a year. I'm human.

As for your slam on DCA, well, I just won't touch it.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a YEA donor (probably should be as I have ties to Crossmen) but to me the difference between George and most other corps directors (including the likes of Bill Kemmerrer and Hugh Mahon at Garfield) is that George makes the changes in the organization about him, not about the Cadets.

As much as I disliked BDs show last year, it was THEIR show, not one person's call for attention. It's time to put the emphasis back on the corps, even if it means going back to mainstream shows performed with awesome quality.

So inaccurate. So SO inaccurate. You make it sound like nobody else on that staff was ever interested in adding voice or amps or doors or schoolgirls or whatever. So so VERY inaccurate.

My true hope is that this show isn't "propified" with doors and schoolgirls and other junk that lack the dignity that is drum corps.

I'm just wondering...would you consider the 1985-1989 Santa Clara Vanguard to lack the "dignity" that is drum corps?? They were the prop KINGS. Like 1987 - tents, costumes, Frost Kings, Snow Maidens, large Russian themed panels, magic tricks...Just curious.

Ya know, I really like it. I think it's going to be a really great musical moment for them.

Forgive me for screwing up a year. I'm human.

As for your slam on DCA, well, I just won't touch it.

I'm not slamming DCA..keggers happen there..don't they? :sshh:

I am part of a growing number of people that are SICK and TIRED of those who come here only to slam the direction that DCI corps are taking, that constantly ##### about how it was better 20 years ago, and that take potshots at GH and others. <**>

GH has done more for this activity than just about anyone. He has given his heart and soul to Drumcorps. Love or hate the man himself, you have to respect his dedication to the activity.

If you don't like it..then stay away! If the product is bad to you then don't torture yourself!! Then don't torture us with your constant #####ing.

Many of us wont miss you. You can lecture me on the loss of your $$..go ahead. I'll buy more shirts to make up the difference.

Have a great time at DCA.

so not liking the Cadets now translates to not liking all DCI level drum corps? :wall:

I'm not slamming DCA..keggers happen there..don't they? :sshh:

haven't seen one since 1991.

are you assuming that those keggers happen in every corps? just like the assumption that by not liking the Cadets product that person hates all DCI corps equally? :wall:

kinda shows you what making assumptions makes you eh?

Dude, what's with you and bashing DCA, it's really uncalled for.

I am not bashing Drum Corps Associates. I am pointing out the behavoir of some of its marching members. I spoke a truth. Keggers happen there..they happen at DCI..I've been to both types of shows. DCA parties are more wild and out in the open in my experience.

I baseing this on MY experience.

And yes Jeff..there is beer smuggled in on DCI busses..I never said DCI kids were a bunch of angels.

so not liking the Cadets now translates to not liking all DCI level drum corps? :wall:

No..whining about how this show and others destroy the supposed "purity" of drum corps is my complaint.

Like I said..if he doesn't like the product, then he should not torture himself.