Colour Guard is TWO words

As I've been looking at various posts, I keep seeing the colour guard referred to as colourguard.

Sorry, but its TWO WORDS. :music:

The colour guard (in D&B terms) is derived from the military colour guard whose job was, literally, to guard a unit's colours to prevent them being captured by the enemy.

Since my time in drum corps, it as metamorphosed into the "guard". Since the guard is more like a dance troupe IMO, referring to it in that way is perhaps more appropriate.

There never has been such a thing as colourguard. :ramd:

I prefer color guard.

there was a high school in n.e. CT that had "Color Gaurd" on their jackets because someone didn't proof the job before finalizing the work.

those U's end up in the strangest places sometimes. :music:

I prefer color guard.

When you live in England, you learn to use British spelling. No, I'm not British, I just live here

Edited by Goldpin

I didn't say anything was wrong, that's just how I spell it. :P

Well, since there are no more Colors on the field to guard, perhaps that particular function could use a new name.

Suggestions?

If you ask me ( and nobody did) it should not be color guard or colorguard. It should be pagentry unit. Colorguards ( I prefer one word thanks) stop being colorguards in the early nineties when rifle lines disappeard, and corps moved more towards thematic kinds of shows.

Well, since there are no more Colors on the field to guard, perhaps that particular function could use a new name.

Suggestions?

Nah....leave it just the way it is.....Color Guard.