The NEXT next step

And this thread is just as much a "decline of real conversation on DCP" as anything else written here, in my opinion.

See if I got in under the close!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what topic is brought up, opinions will be voiced. I can't see how turning this forum into a DCI lovest is going to make things better. Some change is good. Some change is bad. Opinions will be stated, and if you don't like them you don't have to read them.

The fact remains that some people come to this, the DCI section of DCP, for the sole purpose of bashing junior corps. In fact, they are typically praised for giving their opinion all the time when in reality they are nothing more than glorified trolls.

I must have missed most of those threads, though they do exist. I am OLD school but love todays Drum Corps. What do you NOT like about Corps of any year? And have you repeated it more than a few times? I guess I will be in the LIGHTEN UP crowd. :)

I wish I could find my '75 DCI yearbook. I think I might even be in it.

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I spit up my 8th glass of water on the day on that one......

:lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit:

:lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit:

So...what is "real conversation" about drum corps? Topic that just you like, or just I like, or are only positive?

The debate between those theat march now and those that marched "then" has been a constant...on r.a.m.d, on Soundmachine, and here.

All opinions...good or bad...should be welcomed here. The second we let debate fall by the wayside, and make everyone be "for" drum corps (and really, for the most part, everyone here is...otherwise they wouldn't seek out a drum corps message board), the conversation here becomes less than geniune.

There are plenty of trolls, but those can be easily ignored.

Those that have issue with the way drum corps is now are different. They feel disenfranchised. Sometimes it's not expressed in the best way...but it's losing a part of yourself.

Not everyone can accept change so fast. That's just the way it is. Some people didn't like 3 point lines or 45 second clocks in basketball.

Instead of trying to shoo away those that don't agree with us, maybe we need to be welcoming, and try to ascertain where the dissatisfaction comes from. Offer solutions. Try to keep them as fans.

We all love drum corps in out own way, after all. :)

And this thread is just as much a "decline of real conversation on DCP" as anything else written here, in my opinion.

:wall::ph34r::wall::wall::worthy:

I HOPE IT IS CLOSED!!

along with the one I based it on, too!

That's the point I'm trying to make.

Stef

BAM, did I make it?

So...what is "real conversation" about drum corps? Topic that just you like, or just I like, or are only positive?

The debate between those theat march now and those that marched "then" has been a constant...on r.a.m.d, on Soundmachine, and here.

All opinions...good or bad...should be welcomed here. The second we let debate fall by the wayside, and make everyone be "for" drum corps (and really, for the most part, everyone here is...otherwise they wouldn't seek out a drum corps message board), the conversation here becomes less than geniune.

There are plenty of trolls, but those can be easily ignored.

Those that have issue with the way drum corps is now are different. They feel disenfranchised. Sometimes it's not expressed in the best way...but it's losing a part of yourself.

Not everyone can accept change so fast. That's just the way it is. Some people didn't like 3 point lines or 45 second clocks in basketball.

Instead of trying to shoo away those that don't agree with us, maybe we need to be welcoming, and try to ascertain where the dissatisfaction comes from. Offer solutions. Try to keep them as fans.

We all love drum corps in out own way, after all. :)

The issue isn't with people having opinions, it's with every single thread degenerating into a amps debate