Female Drum Majors

Crown has only had one.

Lorraine Womble 2001

Actually, Crown's first drum major was female. Her name was Jamie Dalton and she was drum major in 1990, our inaugural season. Crown has had two in it's history.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27th (as backfield conductors)

So yeah.....ladies have led many corps!

Yep, I was one of them in 84... :) Just a side note, the color guard captains served as the second drum major or backfield conductors for the 27th Lancers. I was in the horn line in 84 and joined late in the season so..I tried out and I was there, they needed a backfield conductor and someone came back for their spot I was trying to learn so it worked out. :)

Edited by Lancerlady

Geneseo Knights, 1979--Cindy Skiles!!

Bob Blomberg

Geneseo Knights, '79-'83

Uhhhh.....yes. And as weary as I was in the 2004 post-finals airport in Denver, I still remember her walking by in her green skirt, corps jacket, and her boots. Jeeeeesus. :o :lol:

Bluecoats '03-'05 all had female drum majors. The backfield conductors in 04 and 05 were also both girls.

Blue Knights did have one in 2000, as well as the more recent previously mentioned seasons.

Spirit 99 had twins as DM's, one of which was a girl.

Crossmen 97-99.

I went to high school and marched with Spirit's DM's from 1999, but they were actually two years apart. Jason (older) and Emily Gwinn.

Spirit had a female DM in 2000 also; Christina Rogers.

Actually, Crown's first drum major was female. Her name was Jamie Dalton and she was drum major in 1990, our inaugural season. Crown has had two in it's history.

Oops. I stand corrected. (darn those bi-gender names)

Dutch Boy 1982 and 1988 and I think another year a little later

Kiwanis Kavaliers in 1982 and 1981 - there are more I'm sure but I am justing listing the years I know of for sure

Edited by neddy

Amy Young was DM of Dutch Boy in 1993 and then Cadets in 1994 (she was also DM at Univ. of Kentucky during that same time I believe).

Amy Lueb was assistant DM with Blue Knights in 1997.

Edited by BbTrpt1