I was looking at scores for A-I Open, US Open and DCI and noticed some weird things. Marquis takes 9th place in Open Class at US Open beating Argonne and Precisionaires but got beat by General Butler Vagabonds, Freelancers and Saints and at DCI Championships Marquis doesn't go at all and Precisionaires take 14th, Freelancers take 18th, Saints 19th and Argonne 20th. Nowadays you have a better idea where each corps will place...consistency? Ahhh tic sysyem

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I sure do miss the old days. It was more exciting back then, not knowing where any corps would finish on any particular night. I know all the problems with the tick system and all that, but I just miss the excitement of never getting too comfortable with where you were.

Yeah I sure do miss the old days. It was more exciting back then, not knowing where any corps would finish on any particular night. I know all the problems with the tick system and all that, but I just miss the excitement of never getting too comfortable with where you were.

Agreed. You can say what you want negatively about the tick system but it did judge the performance level of corps on an individual night's performance.

Agreed. You can say what you want negatively about the tick system but it did judge the performance level of corps on an individual night's performance.

A couple of people having a bad night could really sink you.

Going from 15th in the show before DCI and then making finals is cool though!

Going from 15th in the show before DCI and then making finals is cool though!

Yes this situation had not only the negative side, but the positive side as well. As a spectator now, I miss the excitement of sitting in the stands after the performances wondering how the outcome would be.

Yes this situation had not only the negative side, but the positive side as well. As a spectator now, I miss the excitement of sitting in the stands after the performances wondering how the outcome would be.

Because now you know way in advance

Because now you know way in advance

"Know way in advance":

All too true. Sometimes after the first show of the season.....

Elphaba