Getting new people to post...

bawker

...yet we only see the same 100 or so faces here on a thread.

By now, everyone knows where the major (read: more than 1000 or so posts) posters stand on everything under the sun...it feels like everything is just one big thread where the same folks argue over and over on issues.

Any thought to maybe providing a "welcome mat" thread/intro message on the DCP main page for those that haven't posted that much (including staff, etc?)

With this many registered members....and I know some are trash accounts of course....but even with half that as "viable" accounts....7000 people is still a lot of untapped "community".

I know George and Co. did some great things here over the years, but with a new owner...it's a chance to reaffirm the direction of things, and maybe create some more community members in the process.

Edited by bawker

Wow, nice pink horse.

Wow, nice pink horse.

Real men ride pink horses. :P

Real men ride pink horses. :P

Darn tootin' :P

Bawker, what is going on with DCP with lurkers and non-posters is not just a DCP "problem". I'm in a couple other non-drum corps forums and they also have a large membership but only a small percentage actually post. So if DCP can figure out this "problem" I'm sure many other forums would love to get that information.

...yet we only see the same 100 or so faces here on a thread.

By now, everyone knows where the major (read: more than 1000 or so posts) posters stand on everything under the sun...it feels like everything is just one big thread where the same folks argue over and over on issues.

Any thought to maybe providing a "welcome mat" thread/intro message on the DCP main page for those that haven't posted that much (including staff, etc?)

With this many registered members....and I know some are trash accounts of course....but even with half that as "viable" accounts....7000 people is still a lot of untapped "community".

I know George and Co. did some great things here over the years, but with a new owner...it's a chance to reaffirm the direction of things, and maybe create some more community members in the process.

Keep in mind, a LARGE portion of the membership number just lurk (could be shy, soft-spoken, etc.). But yea, that's what the "New Members" forum is for.

Keep in mind, a LARGE portion of the membership number just lurk (could be shy, soft-spoken, etc.). But yea, that's what the "New Members" forum is for.

They're just smarter than the rest of us. :P