Histoic misspellings of drum corps

In a similar vein:

This one happened in 1991. In Pittsburgh, WQED (PBS affiliate) delayed the DCI Finals broadcast one day (to Sunday). They did this so they could insert pledge breaks. During one pledge break, they proudly announced a donation from someone with the Steel City Ambassadors Senior CITIZENS Drum and Bugle Corps.

(I was waiting for someone else to say this happened to their corps, since it seems an easy mistake to make, but I was surprised no one else has.)

Dale, I was the one that called in and corrected that! I laughed when I heard it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok - this wasn't a spelling error - but...

When I was working with the CapitalAires in the earily 80's we had to do a parade/standstill in Northern WI.

The grand mashall of the parade was none other than Bob Hope!

After we played the standstill he got up to do a little comedy and thanked the CapitalAirlines!

Did we look like stewardesses????

The ever popular Santa Clara Vanguards

OR even worse, the "Santa Clara Band-guards"...........which I HAVE heard before........

OK, for this years St Patricks Day Parade Hanover was described in the Harrisburg paper as "the Alumni unit of the the Lancers Drum corps". Ahhhh..... there is no longer a competative corps so we're a unit by ourselves I guess... maybe... whatever :worthy:

Also the paper hit 50% percent. First part called us a corps, later on the B word (band) was used. :P