Histoic misspellings of drum corps

Frontier is certainly not immune.

1.) Frontiers -- (this is worse than fingernails on chalkboard for me.)

2.) Frontear -- (I cried last year, but not that much.)

3.) Frontier(s)men -- (last I checked we had womenfolk too.)

Edited by FrontierEuph

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a T-Shirt from the "Classic" in Rochester (forget the year) in which one of

the performers were the "Racine KULTIES"

I've got one of those :)

Last summer at the South Milwaukee Spectacle or Music Show we were announced as "the Celties". :laugh:

The Chops, Inc. percussion (Chopstix), hornline (Top Chops), and guard (Hot Chops) march as separate parade units, and the names always get confused. Top Chops has been called "Blue Chopstix" and Chopstix has been called "Red Top Chops." Top Chops has also been announced as Minnesota Brass.

On the field we were called "The Chops," and we've been 'from' St Paul, St Cloud, St Peter, and I think Waseca and Coon Rapids.

We performed as an exhibition group at a marching band competition in September 05. Before we started the show, the announcer asked our Drum Major if his band was ready for competition. He corrected himself after receiving glares and shouts from the field... :laugh:

Last year was the first time our drum majors went by their real names. Before then it was:

1999 - King Kammanawannalaya (show: The Kitchen Sink)

2000 - The Great Salami (show: I Don't Need No Potatoes Just Give Me Some Meat)

2001 - Linny Skinny (show: Until The Next Time (including Freebird))

2002 - Buck Studright (show: Because We Can Can Can (Moulin Rouge music))

2003 - Johnny Kickstand (show: 4 Fried Chickens And Some Dry White Toast (Blues Brothers music))

2004 - Ronald McWhopper (show: Would You Like Some Fries With That Shake?)

Yeah, but can any of you beat this: the local Fox station broadcasting the 2006 SF Chinese New Years Parade somehow mispronounced "San Francisco Renegades" as "Johnny and the Moondogs." I am not making this up.

Not only that, but in the clip I saw of this past years parade, the announcers said you were playing "In the Stone" when you were clearly playing "Lucretia McEvil."

Last year was the first time our drum majors went by their real names. Before then it was:

1999 - King Kammanawannalaya (show: The Kitchen Sink)

2000 - The Great Salami (show: I Don't Need No Potatoes Just Give Me Some Meat)

2001 - Linny Skinny (show: Until The Next Time (including Freebird))

2002 - Buck Studright (show: Because We Can Can Can (Moulin Rouge music))

2003 - Johnny Kickstand (show: 4 Fried Chickens And Some Dry White Toast (Blues Brothers music))

2004 - Ronald McWhopper (show: Would You Like Some Fries With That Shake?)

You guys should re-continue that trend this year.

You guys should re-continue that trend this year.

Our show this year is "I Never Kissed Winnie Cooper," and some of us have been referring to our DM as "Winnie," but that's totally unofficial.

...for now...

Yeah, well, the vendor from whom I bought my T-shirt was not too swift. The shirt was titled the "Cabs Bucs Beach Party" and went on to list all the corps -- minus Reading! So, according to this guy, the Bucs were not even at their "own" "party"! He tried really hard to make a sale ($10), but he wasn't too swift on the execution.

Nothing of the sort ever happened. And I was never here. :laugh:

In 87 I was marching with the scouts, and we were at retreat, and the announcement came up....

"In 5th place with a score of 34.8..........the Madison scouts"

No one got upset about the 45 point drop in score from the night before, we just kinda stared at eachother, and mumbled about how the show wasn't that bad. After about 10 seconds another announcement came in..

"Correction.......The Madison Jr.Scouts"

everyone got a little chuckel, and drum corps kept going.