Bus Songs

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a Hole in the Bucket, Dear Liza, Dear Liza.

when you say you ho, do you mean the one that starts off with,

"i placed my hand upon her toe, yo ho yo ho"

Edited by TitanSop06

I honestly can't think of any that are fit to publish. "I Love the Drum Corps" and "Yo Ho!" are special favorites.

Yo Ho = priceless :rolleyes:

oh. and any movement from the show put to words is always a great one.

VK's color-pre 72-74, appropriately titled "Patriotic Medley", was vocalized by variations of "How's your Mom?" during drill rehearsals.

"South Rampart" had a key change in 72 that required a four count freeze. We timed it with "My wife can't wrestle but you ought to see her box." "My" was the sixteenth pickup to the downbeat, "wife" and "can't" were eighth notes, the rest were sixteenths except "box", which was a quarter on count four.

Bus songs...several that won't allow reproduction of the lyrics. "Do your ears hang low?" with another body part substituted I recall. Finiculi Finicula, not in Italian with references to solo acts not involving musical instruments.

SF Renegades don't have a bus, but when the corps is together they like to sing "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You." Just the chorus, and it goes kinda like this...

I LOVE YOU BABY!

na na na na na na na na na

BABY!

na na na na na na na na na

BABY!

It's best in really echoey places, like The Embarcadero in San Francisco.

SoCal Dream sang "DoWah Diddy" on the way to the field in Loomis, CA, in the summer of 03. We had been watching "Stripes" on the bus coming from Sunnyvale, and one of the mello players (Tony?) started it.

Impulse sings "C is for Cookie" while in no-drum-tap areas.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

when you say you ho, do you mean the one that starts off with,

"i placed my hand upon her toe, yo ho yo ho"

that's the one i know :rolleyes:

I've never actually been treated to the lyrics, but the title of one of the old Cavaliers' ditties intrigues me:

"The Shadow of Your Smile"

Anybody know it? Oh yeah, that and, "Don't Brush My Tooth Much Anymore".

:rolleyes:

One that I know, that would be immediately flayed and tossed out on its profane keister by the language czars here (and for very good reason) is their lovable ditty, learned from war vet and drill instructor Lenny Piekarski, is The M-----f---ers Ball." My God, we even refrained from quoting it in my book! That, and their version of "The Twelve Days of Christmas".

Long live drum corps bus songs!

The ones that I remember........particularly those which were gloriously insulting to other corps........are too vulgar to post here.

There was this one with Memphis that......no.......wait.......can't say that in a public forum either.

Never mind.