Might it be safe to assume the possibility (in light of where this has gone in just the last 3 or 4 posts) that somewhere out there is THE REAL Bones who shows up at will with no external help from within the organization - while at the same time a bones that is choreographed by the staff to show up at a time where perhaps they know that the corps is due for an appearence?

Perhaps to even be more pointed in this question...CrossmenAlumni (as in the poster above), in your years of "choreographing Bones", did he ever just show up at a time where you went..."uhhh...errr....uhhhh....ummmm...uhhhh....GUYS, I didn't get the memo on this one!!!"? :)

During my association with Crossmen from November of 1982 through August of 1997 I can never remember a time when the teaching staff or the alumni had any say in when Bones would show up. It was an administration decision but the rule was that he would show up for regionals and nationals. Things may have changed under YEA but I believe it would be the corps director making the call not the teaching staff. Comments from current admin or staffers welcome.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on the official DCI footage of the Crossmen 1990 performance. Curt Gowdy and Rondo are talking about the corps and they show him doing his thing...complete with smoke billowing out from behind him. There's a kid sitting in the stands nearby, just a regular spectator, who is trying to blow the smoke away with his hat. He ended up marching in the corps the next several years until 1994.

I have that video. Yeah, it was one of those instanses where they happen to have the tape rolling during the on field warm up and as it should be the camera crew focused on the more interesting thing happening at the time.

During my association with Crossmen from November of 1982 through August of 1997 I can never remember a time when the teaching staff or the alumni had any say in when Bones would show up. It was an administration decision but the rule was that he would show up for regionals and nationals. Things may have changed under YEA but I believe it would be the corps director making the call not the teaching staff. Comments from current admin or staffers welcome.

Boy, we sure seem to be getting conflicting stories here. CrossmenAlumni says he always knew and coordinated the event and was only on the teaching staff. You say that the teaching staff never were in on it but only the administration. My gosh, even Crossmen people can't get their stories about bones streight. Who do I believe...BLEHHHHHH I'm so confused. :P :P :P :P :P

This discussion sure is getting interesting though. :P

Edited by torn8o

As promised, here is the video clip of the 2003 DCI East Bones appearance. Becky's smile at the end is priceless!

BONES

It should be noted that there was also a video camera strapped to the lift that gets a shot of the field and the audience. I have to track that footage down and post it as well. Enjoy!

Thanks Gary for posting that link! It's always a thrill to see Bones. Brings back memories when "I" was on the field looking back at the caped crusader.....but then again, our corps wore capes too! :P

Boy, we sure seem to be getting conflicting stories here. CrossmenAlumni says he always knew and coordinated the event and was only on the teaching staff. You say that the teaching staff never were in on it but only the administration. My gosh, even Crossmen people can't get their stories about bones streight. Who do I believe...BLEHHHHHH I'm so confused. :P :P :P :P :P

This discussion sure is getting interesting though. :P

I said I am not aware of what YEA is doing since 1997. That is me being out of the loop for the last 9 years. What is your point?

I said I am not aware of what YEA is doing since 1997. That is me being out of the loop for the last 9 years. What is your point?

Nothing...I'm just messing with you guys. Hence the..." :P :P :P s "

Edited by torn8o

Nothing...I'm just messing with you guys. Hence the..." :P :P :P s "

Got Ya! When I was going through elementary school and college back in the 50's and 60's we were not offered courses in funny face interpretation. Guess I'm showing my age and lack of forum etiquette.

As promised, here is the video clip of the 2003 DCI East Bones appearance. Becky's smile at the end is priceless!

BONES

It should be noted that there was also a video camera strapped to the lift that gets a shot of the field and the audience. I have to track that footage down and post it as well. Enjoy!

Must have been quite the hype for the members

BONES

COOL!!!!!