THE most bizarre show ever to hit the field...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

334m6bb3afd0-4585-48d9-bea4-8de2d9b827ad.jpg

1985 Bridgemen.....also weird.

You guys discussing the mid-90's Magic show with the features, furs, and leopard print sashes in the pit may also very well be talking about '94, another show that included those costumes. That was the Cirque du Magique part deux show, my favorite from the corps.

Early 1990's, not sure of the exact year... Magic did a show with the color guard wearing what appeared to be spider masks. For whatever reason, I liked that show!!!!!

(In fact, for whatever reason I liked most of Magic's early-years "alternative universe" stuff)

1991 Cadets: "The ABC's of Modern Drum Corps." Just a tad around the bend. B) If they had added X, Y and Z it wouldn't have helped this show, IMO!

Fran

It was probably 1990 their first year, I believe they did Danny Elfman music and I believe one of the tunes was from Kiss of the Soider Woman or something to that extent.

Early 1990's, not sure of the exact year... Magic did a show with the color guard wearing what appeared to be spider masks. For whatever reason, I liked that show!!!!!

Fantastic first year show! One of the BEST 17th place corps ever IMO

Edited by Storkysr

For me....i'll always remember Star of Indiana from i think 1986. Those punk rockish white wigs that the guard had on and it really had nothing to do with the theme of the show. I think it was music of John Williams from Star Wars and Close Encounters. I don't know if the show was weird but it looked weird.

This isn't bizarre in the same way the shows described were bizarre, but it was an odd decision.

At 1973 DCI, I saw a corps from the Pacific Northwest ( I think) that performed the Star Spangled Banner as part of their show. I remember a lot of confusion on how to react. Some people stayed seated, some stood up, some put their right hands on their chests. This even included judges, if I remember correctly.

Like I said, compared to some of the other examples, this may seem a little tame. But, it sure was strange to me at the time.

Edited by Jim Anello

This isn't bizarre in the same way the shows described were bizarre, but it was an odd decision.

At 1973 DCI, I saw a corps from the Pacific Northwest ( I think) that performed the Star Spangled Banner as part of their show. I remember a lot of confusion on how to react. Some people stayed seated, some stood up, some put their right hands on their chests. This even included judges, if I remember correctly.

Like I said, compared to some of the other examples, this may seem a little tame. But, it sure was strange to me at the time.

Yes - it was the Tri-City Columbians. Built-in standing ovation, no matter how well or poorly it was played.