THE most bizarre show ever to hit the field...

OH OH OH!!!! Two Spirit shows....one was their 1985 show. Petrouchka. AAAAAAAACK!! REALLY bizarre music to my ears. And then the year they did that Intergalactic Whatsit Music. WTF??? There's bizarre for you.

Actually, the '88 Spirit show is my favorite Spirit show of all. It was so "out of the box;" and they really went out on a limb with it (I loved the music; if it had been Phantom or SCV playing it, they'd have won). And, it's the best they placed since. The '89 show though (Interstellar Suite), I agree with you totally.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crown 04

And yeah....Not the Nutcracker, hate to say, was just not right.

OH OH OH!!!! Two Spirit shows....one was their 1985 show. Petrouchka. AAAAAAAACK!! REALLY bizarre music to my ears. And then the year they did that Intergalactic Whatsit Music. WTF??? There's bizarre for you.

I agree, def a few of the MOST bizzare. The ones that when they're done you say-- WHAT was that? Oh, by the way I think you're referring to Interstellar Suite, not a bad piece, but they murdered it.

And yeah....Not the Nutcracker, hate to say, was just not right.

If you remember, they had those large spining "hypnotic" wheels. We used to joke that the reason for those was for you to be hypnotized into thinking "This is a good show.........." b**bs

It was probably 1990 their first year, I believe they did Danny Elfman music and I believe one of the tunes was from Kiss of the Soider Woman or something to that extent.

Actually, we did Disney's Fantasia in 1990...Toccatta & Fugue, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Night on Bald Mountain, and Ave Maria. Danny Elfman was a couple of years later.

• 1 month later...
I've heard about a small corps several years ago from Arizona that used to do perplexing shows with perplexing visuals, such as a couple sitting on a park bench for an entire show. Can someone fill in the blanks?

Don't remember that, but I seem to recall reading in Drum Corps World once that there was actually a corps that played "Don't Rain On My Parade" while performning a reenactment of the JFK assassination. Any truth to that one?