Very Cool Star video from 1993

WOW! :huh: I now have even MORE respect. Here the drum corps world is...thinking that in order to be innovative, you have to upgrade to three valves, Gs and amplification (none of which bother me BTW) and here THE MOST INNOVATIVE CORPS EVER is doing the most INNOVATIVE SHOW EVER DONE on 3 valved bugles.

What does that SAY??? HELLO????

You mean two-valved :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great video. It shows the true emotion that went into that show. The tenor's stick heights were beyond monkey drumming and the brass makes me want to cry.

I love the respect each corps had for one another. That's the way it should be. Could someone who marched with Star and/or Cadets that night give some background please.

Uhh.. I don't think what Star did was out of respect for the Cadets... especially throwing the sticks at them after

Someone should explain to the young folks what the process was at these old style retreats....when did this change? :)

Uhh.. I don't think what Star did was out of respect for the Cadets... especially throwing the sticks at them after

ohh - good grief <**>

I was there - all summer - and there was a ton of respect between those two corps. I was there that night and the Cadets loved Star's encore performance.

Star was a class act - 100% class act.

Cadets had their ears blown-off in 1987 too after beating us by a tenth... that was ONE crazy night....

it was extremely hard to lose that year, but they are still one of my favorite Corps....they know how to peak better than anyone in the game.

Mike N.

1987 SCV snare

George ... Sam ... and all of you who remember Star with respect, awe and joy ... this has been very special ... thank you.

And to all of you ... "thank you ... you have a very nice drum corps" ...

Now ... on to 2006 and beyond!