A Year without Poopsie...

It's been a year this month that "Poopsie", John Stadler of the Erie Thunderbirds passed away. He is truely missed everyday and it isn't the same without him. When the Tbirds get together we always drink a couple, :huh: because we know "The Poops" would want it that way! :huh:

Miss You Poopsie, :angel: especially your Corps songs on the bus! :huh: Our 50th Anniversary year will include alot of memories of Poopsie. :devin:

Ahhh yes POOPSIE!!! I remember popping into the Legion Hall after a camp/concert and we did karaoke. I got done singing and he bought me a few "pops" and then said, "Stay at our house instead of sleeping on the gym floor!" Great guy! We miss you Poopsie!

It's been a year this month that "Poopsie", John Stadler of the Erie Thunderbirds passed away. He is truely missed everyday and it isn't the same without him. When the Tbirds get together we always drink a couple, :beer: because we know "The Poops" would want it that way! :beer:

Miss You Poopsie, :angel: especially your Corps songs on the bus! :worthy: Our 50th Anniversary year will include alot of memories of Poopsie. :devin:

I second that.

I miss that man more than you could imagine. :(

You'll have that with a man who was larger than life with a good heart and soul. :)

We (Thunderbirds) miss him terribly.

" NOBODY honks like the ####in POOPS!!!!" :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Oh my God! I didn't know he was gone and you say it's been a year.

I remember talking with him many times during your mini-corps dynasty. My belated regrets to the Thunderbirds. You folks have had your share of pain the past few years. I'm sure there's a pretty good corps warming up in the Great Beyond.

Oh my God! I didn't know he was gone and you say it's been a year.

I remember talking with him many times during your mini-corps dynasty. My belated regrets to the Thunderbirds. You folks have had your share of pain the past few years. I'm sure there's a pretty good corps warming up in the Great Beyond.

We've lost 3 of our members this past year, Poopsie (52), Laura, Pancerev(43) & and Mary Jane Vujasinovich(72) (my Mom, and our oldest member) :( :angel:

It's been a year this month that "Poopsie", John Stadler of the Erie Thunderbirds passed away. He is truely missed everyday and it isn't the same without him. When the Tbirds get together we always drink a couple, :blink: because we know "The Poops" would want it that way! :blink:

Miss You Poopsie, :angel: especially your Corps songs on the bus! :laugh: Our 50th Anniversary year will include alot of memories of Poopsie. :devin:

You weren't bored if "Poopsie" was around. You weren't outta beer if "Poopsie" was around. You couldn't be in a bad mood if "Poopsie" was around. You couldn't be sober if "Poops" was around.

"Poopsie" was my good friend. "Poopsie" had MANY friends! THUNDERBIRDS miss him dearly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP

"Poops"

We've lost 3 of our members this past year, Poopsie (52), Laura, Pancerev(43) & and Mary Jane Vujasinovich(72) (my Mom, and our oldest member) :( :angel:

My favorite Poops quote: "I'll blow the skirt off a nun!" :laugh:-

Hard to believe it's already been a year.

R.I.P. my friend. Here's to da Poops! :mmm:

My favorite Poops quote: "I'll blow the skirt off a nun!" :ph34r:-

Hard to believe it's already been a year.

R.I.P. my friend. Here's to da Poops! :mmm:

....an dat's da troot.....(poopsie-speak)

R.I.P Poops

It really is hard to believe it has been a year. He was so young.....

I knew Poopsie from the time I was 3 years old....

He and others from the Hamburg Kingsmen came to my parents house to help my Dad strip wall paper so he could go to practice.

Poopsie walked thru the door and with a thunderous voice announced "It's the POOPS !!!!!!!!!" I will never forget the sound of his voice.

God love you Poops ........... :angel:

I second that.

I miss that man more than you could imagine. :(

You'll have that with a man who was larger than life with a good heart and soul. :)

We (Thunderbirds) miss him terribly.

" NOBODY honks like the ####in POOPS!!!!" :wall::laugh::blink:

I miss Poopsie too.

I first met him in 1999 at Crusaders, and he was larger than life. I got to know him pretty well over the next couple years. My favorite time was in 2000, riding to Rochester from Erie in the van with him, Carl (his son), and Tom Davenport. He opened his house to me a few times when I needed a place to crash before or after drum corps.

I'll always remember "Commander Poopsie" at the Legion post on Friday nights on Cru weekends.

In 2000, after my solo in "La Suerte", my next drill spot was beside him. Just as I'd get back to my spot, I'd tell him "Let's get 'em, Poopsie!" He said it always gave him a pick-me-up to help him finish the show.

A favorite memory of him comes from 2002. He wasn't in Cru anymore, but he hosted some of us at the Legion post following the Seneca HS indoor show in April. It was karaoke night, and a (slightly?) inebriated Poopsie entertained us with his rendition of Sinatra's "My Way", only it became "Poops' Way".

And he always did it "Poops' Way".

Thanks, John.