New media

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I defended no Corps in my last post; no statement about me winning a ring was said. Yes I am proud and I wear my ring proudly, so do we all, but I never said anything about justifying our win. I can easily say that goes the same for everyone from ECJ last year. I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t count your last show (day or night) as “THE” show.

With that said

I just watched Academy’s Podcast, very cool stuff. I can’t wait to see all the corps in the same place once again.

yah their music sounds pretty cool i must say! can't wait to see them! good lucky academy!

(TTitans909 @ Mar 22 2006, 02:55 AM) *

Also, I still don't understand why the Spartans management told the corps that the Thursday night performance was the most important of the week. They were definitely putting it out there for the Thursday performance. I wonder if they had as much energy on Saturday or if they felt like they already had everything locked up.

'cause early morning shows (even ones you call grand) are a waste. and it also happens to be the show at which they give out that most meaningful of awards, the disney.

Hmm, first of all that seems like a silly thing to tell a corps...anytime. Who told the corps that!? Any Spartans around to clarify? (actually I never see any on here, so I'm probably "preaching to the choir") I do agree, however, that every show is just as important. If you hype any particular show, things can go South real fast. That second sentence is probably correct. DCI has seen countless times how the team in 1st gets nipped at some point and this time it was finals (yes I still call it finals, regardless of the title, its the last show people).

Now about that next comment. Wow. Are you just really upset about having to play with the sun in your eyes? or did your corps not make it to Saturday or something? If the success of your own performance requires the aid of a dark sky than you're truly not genuine in your performance. I never hear any 13-24 place corps, who perform in the afternoon on quarterfinals, bicker and argue about the time of day. Oh yeah and you must be right, because earning the 2/3 Trophy and being deemed "Champion" is not as meaningful as the other titles on Thursday. Let's face it, the idea was lame and they probably didn't consider having different Gold Medalists and Champions. Last year was the first time the two titles were split and we shouldn't pretend that the Gold Medal is anything new. The last show (yes, probably because the Spartans thought they had everything locked up) was taken by the Jazz, and they hold THE title.

Saturday morning blues, get over it! With the newer Finals week schedule at least you now have an extra day of rehearsal AND get to see some great drum corps later Saturday night!

I do, however, agree with anyone who is upset with decent stadiums or lack-there-of. Drill is meant to be seen from a fairly high elevation, and the past 2 Finals Stadiums were not adequate. They are even lower than most high school stadiums at shows on tour! At least this year EVERYONE is in the big stadium.

back to topic (oooooooops)

can't see Spartans, "video is currently unavailable"

Academy = looking great, can't wait to see the final product!

<_<

Edited by GaladrimQueen

the whole point of my negative statment about morning shows has actually nothing to do with morning shows and more to do with the fact that a simple thread announcing media available on academy and the spartans turned into ecj guys defending their title as the most important before anyone had suggested it wasn't most important. when you've won, you've won. why sweat it after that - regardless of what others think?

/whatever

Edited by acecannon

more to do with the fact that a simple thread announcing media available on academy and the spartans turned into ecj guys defending their title as the most important before anyone had suggested it wasn't most important. when you've won, you've won. why sweat it after that - regardless of what others think?

/whatever

So we're defending our the title by saying Spartans good marchers? Don't even know what to say to that. Yeah made some comparisons, but it's not like anyone is saying, "Spartans suck". We all know, even us ECJ guys know how good of a corps Spartans is. But why be petty about a stupid comparison, if that. You got your panties all in a bunch over a innocent opinion, what would you do if I say half of the things I really want to say on these forums about some people. Sometimes I think people take the whole rivalry thing to a different level and they just don't know it.