Bill Cook and his new investment

Even with all his money, this is a 2006 drum corps we're talking about. Even he'd go broke, I think.

I think you're being facetious, but if you're not, I disagree. He'd be able to do it with a big smile on his face and a whole bunch of money left in his bank. The question is not whether he CAN, but whether he WANTS to.

And I HIGHLY doubt this rumor. He may donate some money to help them get back on their feet, but to "buy" the corps...no. He has no need to.

Right Bill?

:P (He and I go way back...ahem! Back to when Mickey Mouse ate the shark...he knows what I speak!)

Interresting - if somewhat improbable idea. I have to wonder how that would effect their non-profit status. (I'm not a lawer, nor do I play one on TV.) B)

If this is true, how far removed are we from PDCI (Professional Drum Corps International)?

Bill Cook + Drum Corps = Star of Indiana = Instant finals participation, Winning 4 high brasses in a row, took only 6 years to win the trophy...

Whew if Trooper can do that. I'd go bonkers.

No insult to fzq, but is there any actual point to this thread? Did you really hear that rumor from someone who may know what they are talking about, and you want it clarified? Or are you just...something...?

Where do these rumors come from? Seriously. I just came back from a weekend in Indy with some other Star Alumni including some who actually work for Cook Inc. They surely would have known if that was going to go down. Not a word.

Maybe, he might be involved with the Troop in some way, like when he hooked them up with Mellencamp, but he seems to be content to be a fan nowadays. I think it is safe to say that he has done more then his fair share to support that activity, and I am not even counting the investment, or rather spending on Star.

did anyone email him? he usually replies pretty fast