Bluecoats clip!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna say the same thing, but you beat me to it.

I think it's pretty clear that Team Canada (aka Bluecoats brass staff) led Bloo's hornline to some pretty great things in 05 . . . and that they beat both Phantom and Blue Devils numerous times in brass during the summer at a much higher frequency than had occured in the past.

The clip leads me to believe that great things should be expected from Canton in 06.

I am not certain, but I believe they beat everybody's hornline and drumline at some point in the season. I am certain that in horns and drums they beat Phantom, Blue Devils, Cadets, Madison, Crown, and Santa Clara. The only one I am not certain about is Cavaliers.

Elmo Blatch

I am not certain, but I believe they beat everybody's hornline and drumline at some point in the season. I am certain that in horns and drums they beat Phantom, Blue Devils, Cadets, Madison, Crown, and Santa Clara. The only one I am not certain about is Cavaliers.

Elmo Blatch

Correct.

The only corps that they did not beat at somepoint in horns and drums was The Cavaliers.

They only beat Cadets in horns twice sometime during the early season, if memory serves, but after that, not so much.

I noted BD because of the historical relevance it had to the organization (who ever heard of Bluecoats beating Blue Devils at horns in any show, much less several times and even during a regional or two?) and Phantom to let people know that Bloo is more than capable of hanging with Phantom when it comes to brass.

could it be that the bluecoats had an easier book then those corps, so they were cleaner quicker then the other corps? i mean, first comp out BD had a 76something... and look where they ended... why? bc they were clean to start out. thats all that means.

could it be that the bluecoats had an easier book then those corps, so they were cleaner quicker then the other corps? i mean, first comp out BD had a 76something... and look where they ended... why? bc they were clean to start out. thats all that means.

Bluecoats started the competitive season in the mid-60s . . . and they ended up less than a point away from the Blue Devils.

So . . . I think you're wrong. Again. :P

Why does this matter?????? we all know in the end it will be decided by one person on a saturday night and the difference will be a tenth or two. But taste in style my have an effect on everyones opinoins.

I am done now.

... you dont even know

so many things i want to say (and did say before i edited this)... but you know... its just not worth it.

You're right. It isn't worth it. Ive already told you why.

The only person getting up in arms about ANYTHING here is you.

I made a joke for the sake of saying it. I could care less about what anyone thinks of xyz corps. But Im still entitled to my opinion. More smilies maybe?

*edited for redundancy reasons*

Edited by ZSDAvenger

Correct.

The only corps that they did not beat at somepoint in horns and drums was The Cavaliers.

Tied them.

Beat every corps in drums (often), except for only having tied Phantom, I believe.

The judging is all politics :wub:

I don't think that's true at all in DCI. The judges don't hesitate to bump an elite corps down a few pegs, and for the most part reward good performances for corps in new placement territory. Look where Bluecoats and Crown have been placing. Also look what happened to SCV last year. If Politics mattered so much, SCV would have still been in the top four at least. I rarely ever disagree with the placement in DCI.

Now DCA, that's a different story! MAD politics to a rediculous degree! I can't believe how badly the Renegades got screwed last year. That is the most blatent example of politics I have ever seen!