Bluecoats clip!

To quote the women in the stands yelling at retreat in a show located around New York, "They're all wonderful."

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats fair, so have any other corps in the top 12 besides bluecoats, cadets, and BD actually even RELEASED any actual show audio?

yeah... so i mean... right off the bat, its a top 3 clip!

and i mean.... if those are donuts, they are big chocolate covered cream filled donuts... which is ok with me... and i recall being a brass player that long notes are often difficult for an ensemble because of tone and pitch issues... i.e. whole notes can be done either really well, or not so great... and in this case i'd put these particular donuts on the side of "Really well" but thats crazy me...

and hey guys... do you want some OJ with your CEREAL?

GET IT?

OJ....

CEREAL....

oh... well i dont either... i just made that up... night night!

I hope you weren't embarassed over this.

in other words WAKE UP!! (in this context what are you talking about/thinking??!?)

Heck, I thought he meant donughts as in whole notes in the music. :sshh:

I hope you weren't embarassed over this.

embarassed? certainly not. i'm suprised you think i should be. maybe you are forgetting that there were 3 other people that posted after me that either had no idea what it meant or thought it meant something else... i dont think it was obvious at all- and i'll stand by that.

there are a great many things i could say that i would get, and my friends would get, and my colleages would get, but you would be left scratching your head...

and dont confuse goofy with stupid, my friend. big difference.

Edited by randomguy

Coffee and donuts aside this is a great clip. They are really working this year to push the envelope and I cannot wait to see what they put on the field. Good luck BLOOOO!

And by the way there are audio snip-its of other corps in the top 12...they may not be an audio file but they are there.

Cadets

BD

Bluecoats

SCV if you watch their most recent podcast

Phantom in their camp video as well (hard to hear)

Crossmen (if you consider them top 12)

Try the end of their 3rd podcast, if you aren't having multiple orgasms, you need to consult a doctor immediately.

That was the clip that I heard.

Let's go down the checklist:

Start with non-thematic original material that does not link anything effectively: check

Plenty of superflous random notes (runs): check

Ritard into the main theme to hook you in: check

Accelerate into next section that will end with lots of notes and crunched chords with stabs: check

Yeah...seems pretty cookie cutter to me.

VERY boring. Well played, but not interesting. Of course it doesn't help that the original theme is a dog too.

Tried ten different ways, and the clip is distorted thanks to the auditorium I guess. Sounds like any other corps clip to me.

This is what I thought.. I have no idea what everyone is talking about.. I do hear good things going on in their trumpets and tubas though but overall as an ensemble I am hearing some balance issues like I did last year, witht heir hornline and they aren't together in places, but that is probably because of the bad setting that it was recorded in. I would much rather have a clip of their drumline, visual program, or guard.

That was the clip that I heard.

Let's go down the checklist:

Start with non-thematic original material that does not link anything effectively: check

Plenty of superflous random notes (runs): check

Ritard into the main theme to hook you in: check

Accelerate into next section that will end with lots of notes and crunched chords with stabs: check

Yeah...seems pretty cookie cutter to me.

VERY boring. Well played, but not interesting. Of course it doesn't help that the original theme is a dog too.

Well I will say it isn't perfect, it lacks some energy and people aren't with each other on entrances. But you are just an allout BD hater it seems. Runs take a ton of skill and sound great when they are that together with so many people, and they can also really build a dramatic scene with the drill(I just think they need to be more powerful at the end of the run :master: ) I don't understand what is wrong with ritards and accelerandos.... And this music is very emotional, I for one love it.