1996-2006 How many corps have we GAINED

Alright, if we are going devote an entire thread on corps that we have "lost". Let's be fair and devote an entire thread on corps we have GAINED - and ONLY ones that we have gained.

I will suggest we include corps who have folded and returned - but LIST them as such so that we can see THAT figure as well because it's a VERY interesting thing to note.

Magic (returned from the mid-late 90s)

Memphis Sound

Fever (returned from the mid 80s)

Impulse

Dutch Boy (returned from the early 90s)

Esperanza

Kingsmen Star (comming soon and is an established organization- so I will include them)

I know there are more but that's what's at the top of my head. I'll stop here anyway to leave room for others to continue posting them.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yamato - 1997

Interesting enough, it seems like most of the new corps are on the west coast.

Have any new corps emerged on the East Coast?

Renaissance out of York (South Central) PA is currently a parade corps and working toward being a Div II or III (I think) corps in the future. Think the parade corps is All Age (or at least it was) until enough $$$$ is raised.

http://www.renaissancedbc.com/rdbc/index.php

There is a new corps in East Tennessee being developed called Appalachian Sound. Currently a non competitive stand still corps - this corps is planning on fielding a competitive junior corps on the field within the next year or two. These guys already have a great staff and infastructure in place and are DOING IT RIGHT from a buisness standpoint so I'm certain it won't take long for them to make it all happen.

http://www.appalachiansound.org/

San Diego Allience & Court of Honor came and went.

Jester in AZ

Hawthorne Gold in CA

Spokane Thunder in WA

Academy in AZ

I know that Jersey Surf was at one time a non competitive "C corps" like corps with mostly little kids. When did that change? If since 1996 - it MIGHT be fair to include them maybe not as a TOTAL "new" corps but perhaps as a "newley DEVELOPED" corps.

Edited by torn8o

Trinity - Seguine, TX (2005)