Oh, by the way,

They had a good brass book. Probably one of my favorites in Div. 2/3 (except for my own, of course.... :P ). I don't know if they performed it to the level of everyone else though. A very, very, very enjoyable show. I think they should have placed higher. Best brassline, though? I don't know.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words

The story was we had a lot of talent and a phenominal staff, but we were dirty

And as for finals placings...I just dont know about that one either, every corps had a strong showing

BUT! I do know is that Ive heard recordings and spoken with staff and this year's corps already is shaping up to be the best in its history, keep an eye open for them they will be good.

kyle

I don't think it was a matter of them dropping two spots. I think it was a matter of the other two corps rising two spots. Oregon put out a quality show that was very entertaining. Were they underscored? Possibly. But I agree with the person who posted on here from OC. They were good but dirty. That being said, they'll have some extra stuff to work on this coming summer, and I hope they can make a push towards the top with that.

Jared has no bias - if he did, it would be for the Div. II corps he is an alumnus of (which isn't OC, btw). Most everyone who has posted on DCP knows where Jared has marched and is marching, so no he isn't a "lurker".

The only member, besides Carl above, who has posted ANYTHING was BDTPT and in their post was NOTHING about being underscored - simply a thanks for the kind words that have been shared, until now.

And you brought up the term "underscored" and since I'm the first one that expressed that, as my opinion, I'll go ahead and get rid of any bias it may appear I have....

The "Division II Front Ensemble - '06" in my signature DOESN'T stand for OC. :)

Now that the personal attacks have flown and the topic has gone OFF topic, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Ok i stand corrected i can a admit when i am wrong.

but to get on topic Oc was good i dont think they were the best, i belive there were other corps that marched more and where able to maintain better tone qualities then them. they were big and thats always good though

Edited by DCguy2002

The "Division II Front Ensemble - '06" in my signature DOESN'T stand for OC. :)

Crazy Sooners :P