it's offical...

Speaking of Hopkins

Here he is in the 1978 Crossmen Snare line; the forth one from the right with the long blond hair and blue shirt (hasn't changed a bit) . But if you look closely, the whole line was supposed to turn their heads to the left in this part, but as you can see George just refused for some reason. Guess he forgot his Starbucks that day.

I don't even think they had Starbucks back then.

Sorry George,

not Denise

1978-14_jpg.jpg

Edited by xbones7480

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't that 1993?

Yes It was during the round midnight piece if I remember correctly.

Good one, Conner!

You did get me thinking about what the loophole might be, and about how the Bluecoats already incorporated saxophones back in 1994.

Bob Childs

It's easy to incorporate them when you don't play them. :D

Yes It was during the round midnight piece if I remember correctly.

'93 was the Dizzy Gillespe show so I thought they used a Dizzy-style trumpet as a prop in the guard during 'Round Midnight. '94 was an all-blues show and, if my memory serves me correctly ($1 to Chairman Kaga), the prop of choice was a sax, ala Charlie "The Bird" Parker.

Pardon me while I recover from my heart attack...

:whistle:

It's easy to incorporate them when you don't play them. :D

Using saxes as a prop only may be the best use of them ever!!! :whistle:

Edited by shawn craig

the really sad thing is i believed it through like 2 of the pages... even when everyone was saying "good one!!"...yeeeah....good one man lol

:whistle:

-dave

you know, just a random fact.. Kiwanis Kavies had a sax in there show (in fact I think it was a tenor sax.)

they didn't play it of course.

~>conner

w/Stp: If the Cadets add a sax to their show, they will no longer be a drum and bugle corps. They will be a BAND!!! <**>

BAND! BAND! BAND! <**> <**> <**> <**> <**> <**> <**>

What part of "Drum and Bugle" don't you understand?

I cannot wait, and it's coming, until DCI alienates every drum and bugle corps fan and they stop coming to those ridiculously priced shows.

DCI is doing their very best to kill the activity, talking on the field, pits, now microphones in the pit, props, dance wheres the girls with the batons? How come you dont' have that?

400 junior corps, Denver, Co. and now where down to the same old same old clicky 12.

I've listened to those judges tapes, you've got to be kidding me! Drop equipment, just pick it up, don't master it! Lot's of curve lines, because it's easier to follow the leader then think. No retreat, we're tired!! No street beat, it's not a "song." (Love that one.) No presentation of colors, who cares how it all got started, #### those legionaires anyways!! What do they know? w/Stp:

If you knew as much as you thought you did about DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS, you wouldn't be bragging about a saxophone!!!

BAND! BAND! BAND!

And that's exactly what people are going to call you!! :whistle: