Should DCI release 13-21 place Legacy DVD?

i'd like to add 89 . . . Spirit

Thank you. It's nice to know there is one other person out there that liked that show.

Can't believe I forgot about '92 Southwind. Best DivII/Class A show ever.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dude, i worship Interstellar Suite. i finally get to do part of it with the band i teach next year.

and i loved Southwinds version of Robin Hood.

I know in 1986 they recorded all of semi finals with a high camera angle. I have the BD, Spirt, bluecoats, boston, and Connexion Quebec high cam video from 1986.

Mike, I dont know about multi-camera angle prior to 1988 but I do have the high camera editions of the associates going back to 1979. And yes this does include the 81 Midwest peformances of prelims corps, recorded and sold individualy by 800 video express. After 1987, the associates were offered both multi camera and high camera.

Theres only one problem that I know of from my own experiences, in 1982 the music is a couple of counts off from the visual of all the corps recorded in high camera angle.

~G~

Even if it's only a few years (say ten or so) that they can release, I think the 13-21/24 corps deserve it...after all, even the Legacy collection itself has its flaws in some years, not to mention the fact that 1972 and 1973 aren't there... and we all learned to live with it, since we at least had something]. :P

Not to mention it's really like printing money after Tom Blair and company come in and clean up the audio/video...there's a lot of people who would pay to see those performances again (me included).

Not to mention it's really like printing money after Tom Blair and company come in and clean up the audio/video...there's a lot of people who would pay to see those performances again (me included).

You might be REAL surprised how many people actually buy the DVDs, even of the current year. It's not like printing money. And remember there is a significant cost for music licensing for every piece of music. I'm not saying it won't happen and I am NOT speaking on behalf of DCI in any official capacity whatsoever. But I do know DCI would love to make everything available that the fans want and I think one day that will happen, perhaps in capacities we have not yet considered.

What about digital downloads? Now that portable video is almost everywhere with your PSPs and Video iPods and glaven, it seems almost a given to offer .mp4 videos of various shows including the 13+.

Possibilities abound for the future.

You might be REAL surprised how many people actually buy the DVDs, even of the current year. It's not like printing money. And remember there is a significant cost for music licensing for every piece of music. I'm not saying it won't happen and I am NOT speaking on behalf of DCI in any official capacity whatsoever. But I do know DCI would love to make everything available that the fans want and I think one day that will happen, perhaps in capacities we have not yet considered.

older folks dont always keep up with technology tho, so doing it now on dvd and cd to catch that legacy fan market is a sound idea before they fade away or technology scares em off