Div 2/3 Classic Countdown

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is off topic

The reason I think ECJ 200 didn't make finals is b/c they added CG as a subcaption and beefed up the Visual captions. ECJ guard that year wasn't all that great, so that didn't help the Visual caption too much. I liked the show and the hornline, didn't reall care to much for the drumline.

And from what I saw, almost every div 2 had a smoking guard that year. SCVC, great guard and good show. Mandarins....the show was suppose to be something, but the guard was AMAZING. And who can forget Surf's guard that year. It was the year of good guards.

Just what I thought after seeing the show a couple times that summer and a video this past summer.

Now, back on topic.

They would've made finals under the current format. And no, they came in 4th in brass at prelims (certainly better than their 6th place overall, but not first either).

They actually scored better in 2000 than they did in 2001, so I'm not sure if the "that's the only year they didn't make finals" argument works; they made division 3 finals in 2001 with a score two-three points lower... they were back in D2 finals in 02.

Edited by TTitans909

ya there were some troubles is 00' like instructors ?!? and a few members quitting and going off to cali. i can see why they suffered a tad.

yay being 1 of 4 in the corps from 02 heh.. im a nerd

02 ecj was an ok show.. the program wasnt the greatest and it seemed kinda square/white but thats what you get when you have alot** of young players in the corps. i was originaly a contra player but we didnt have enough contras so i volunteered to play euph for the weekend ...then that turned in to me playing 3rd... then a choice of 1st or 2nd... the eventualy i ended up being lead bari that year.. kinda weird.

Hahahaa

1983 Dutch Boy

1988 L'Insolite

1989 Railmen

1990 Ventures

1991 Carolina Crown

1992 Southwind

1994 Cardinals

1995 Academie Musicale

1999 Patriots

2000 East Coast Jazz

2001 Mandarins

2005 Oregon Crusaders

Dutch Boy competed Open class in 1983 or the equivalent of division 1 by today's standards.

Hahahaa

1983 Dutch Boy

1988 L'Insolite

1989 Railmen

1990 Ventures

1991 Carolina Crown

1992 Southwind

1994 Cardinals

1995 Academie Musicale

1999 Patriots

2000 East Coast Jazz

2001 Mandarins

2005 Oregon Crusaders

2005 OC... Thanks!

at least that show is getting a little recognition...

B)