I just bought a new 30 GB iPod with video...

I had been listening to drum corps four two years on an older 4G iPod, which broke just a while ago. I had been wanting a new one, so I purchased the new model instead of getting the other one fixed. The device is great, except for one thing...drum corps doesn't sound as good as it used to! The bass is way too high, even with Bass Reducer turned on, and in every show the bass drums overpower the rest of the corps. Also, there is a lot more "noise" than "sound"...the once full chords that I heard on my iPod are not as full, while cymbal crashes and the pit are increased significantly. I was reading about this problem, and I read something about a "bass deficiency" on the older iPods that was fixed for these newer ones. I'm not sure that's the problem, though. Has anyone else had this problem, and can anyone recommend me free programs I can use to fix this problem? I'm not too optimistic...Thanks in advance.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might have something to do with it. I know what Apple went under a lot of lawsuits for the iPODs. People were suing because of hearing loss. The old iPODs could crank the volume fairly well. The new ones apparently not. I don't know why so many people complained, all you have to do is turn it down. Why is that Apple's fault?

Anyways, I'm sure an iPOD won't effect my hearing nearly as much as a hornline ripping my face off. By the way, have you put any drum corps videos on your iPOD?

By the way, have you put any drum corps videos on your iPOD?

Of course...Cadets 1993 and 2000 so far, and I'm working on getting more soon. It's tedious, though, and it takes a while, because I need to insert the DVD, choose all the right settings, burn it, move it into iTunes...etc.

google video...search for drum corps...there are some good ones there...

google video...search for drum corps...there are some good ones there...

Those are not near the DVD quality. He can actually get better qualuity ripping them on I-tunes

iPod, as product, is generally considered mediocre as an mp3 player, regardless of Apple's brilliant marketing strategy that lead many to believe otherwise. Europe and Asia is the biggest iPod market, but many are very unsatisfied with the last two releases.

This might have something to do with it. I know what Apple went under a lot of lawsuits for the iPODs. People were suing because of hearing loss. The old iPODs could crank the volume fairly well. The new ones apparently not. I don't know why so many people complained, all you have to do is turn it down. Why is that Apple's fault?

This may be a bit off topic.....

Oh my goodness, this just makes me lose faith in the human race! That is just as rediculous as people suing tobacco companies for them getting cancer! If you don't want to get cancer, QUIT SMOKING!!! People also sued McDonald's! If you don't want to get fat and have a heart attack, DON'T EAT AT MCDONALD'S!!!! And on the same token, if you don't want to go deaf, DON'T TURN YOUR IPOD TO DEAFENING LEVELS!!!! Headphones have been out for decades! I can't believe people can still sue Apple because they don't know how to use them responsibly! The American legal system needs to be looked at. If the problem is the consumer's fault and not the manufacturer's, DISMISS THE LAWSUIT!!!!! :worthy:

Side note: Before you yell at me about how evil tobacco companies are, I smoked for a number of years and I QUIT because I don't want to get cancer and it interferes with my ability to do drum corps. My grandmother smoked 4 packs a day of unfiltered Camels for 50 years and she was able to quit. If she was able to do that, you can quit too and you have no business blaming the tobacco companies for your cancer, especially in this day and age! And if I ever do start smoking again and I die of cancer, I will blame nobody but my own stupid self!

End of rant.

I have a nano, and I believe that it plays my drum corps stuff great. It plays so loud sometimes I am forced to turn it off out of pain, which sometimes I cant help myself but listen to anyway. I *wish* it played vids, that would be the frosting on the cake.

[shh, but Apple is releasing a true video that will be the around the same size of the ones now, except the entire thing is a screen (no touch wheel), and a touch screen... so that will be even better for watching our beloved drum corps on the go]

People saw big, easy dollars and decided to fleece the company for their own stupidity. Remember all the labels that are now on many products? It's to protect people from their own stupidity. :worthy:

I'm actually listening to a GoGear by Phillips right now, my own 30 GB MP3 player. plays great, though it can be a hassle whenever I want to toggle the EQ.