Indy and Hopkins

You could get an independent third party to do the analysis.

exactly. as for the idea itself, i think it's a bad move. i love how dci moves around, look at the places they've been recently with new stadiums. just being locked into a huge contract is kind of troubling.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's obvious that most people who disagree with the Indy Plan are those that don't realize how disruptive it is to secure a site. That's not a dis; that's a you-just-don't-see-it. You cannot, CANNOT just walk into a stadium's office and say "what's it run?"

Not that they are the same, but who says, "#### it, the indy 500 is in indy again."

"Crap, the Daytona 500 is in Florida again."

"Why do they always have the Rose Bowl in Pasadena every freakin' year?"

"Geez, they always have the Masters in Georgia..."

Come on...

...not being able to find other quality cities/arenas would be more troubling, IMO. This very well could be the best possible deal coinsidering how difficult it is to secure a finals site. If it is, they should jump on it.

doesn't seem like they've had any trouble in the past couple years. of course negotiations are tough and a search is hard work, that's no surprise. but look at it 2004- denver (brand new stadium), 2005- boston (brand new stadium), 2006- madison (newly renovated stadium). looks like a good streak going to me, and 2007- california, something fans out there have been begging for years to happen.

doesn't seem like they've had any trouble in the past couple years. of course negotiations are tough and a search is hard work, that's no surprise. but look at it 2004- denver (brand new stadium), 2005- boston (brand new stadium), 2006- madison (newly renovated stadium). looks like a good streak going to me, and 2007- california, something fans out there have been begging for years to happen.

...which Acheson says is half of DCI's annual efforts. Dan's good at what he does. DCI is good at doing things. Instead of trying to seek out stadiums, DCI spent more efforts on promoting more corps more ways?

...which Acheson says is half of DCI's annual efforts. Dan's good at what he does. DCI is good at doing things. Instead of trying to seek out stadiums, DCI spent more efforts on promoting more corps more ways?

i think when you move the site around, you DO promote more corps more ways, you open the activity up to a whole new group of people every year. adding new fans to finals is limited if you stay in one place for a long time, you can up that number by moving around and adding fans from multiple cities where finals would be held.

Will they have a 10 year same seat ticket deal?? :)

The regionals are spread across the country. No one cares that they're stagnant because most people can drive a moderate distance to a regional. Not everyone can drive to finals for their only chance to see the corps at their best. I would assume that most of the people who fly to finals are dedicated fans and parents.

Accoustics also effect the members. I've never had a real problem adjusting to domes but many members do and the staff always make a big deal out of it. I also don't want to hear a rim shot reverb for 20 seconds after a release on the CD. If there is a retractable roof that will soon be up, then you can retract this side of my argument.

For me and I'm sure a lot of other fans, it's exciting to go to a new place. How many people felt thrilled when they found out finals were in Denver or Foxboro? I know I was. Now that I'm aged out, I'm going to plan some vacations around finals, which a lot of other people do too. Indy isn't that exciting of a city to have me wanting to go back year after year for anything but drum corps. Like posted earlier, I would probably just come in for a couple of days. The thrill of finals just doesn't seem as exciting when if it were in the same spot year after year.

I'm sure most people can understand how much of a pain in the neck it is to secure a finals sight. We just have that expectation now and we know it can happen and does every year, with a couple exceptions like 96-98. By the way, does anyone now the attendance number from those years in Orlando? That would be interesting to look at.

Anyways, personal opinion that I'd like to keep finals moving around the country.

I think it's obvious that most people who disagree with the Indy Plan are those that don't realize how disruptive it is to secure a site. That's not a dis; that's a you-just-don't-see-it. You cannot, CANNOT just walk into a stadium's office and say "what's it run?"

Not that they are the same, but who says, "#### it, the indy 500 is in indy again."

"Crap, the Daytona 500 is in Florida again."

"Why do they always have the Rose Bowl in Pasadena every freakin' year?"

"Geez, they always have the Masters in Georgia..."

Come on...

Precious.