Allegiance Elite to go inactive

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they go inactive for lack of money or members, or was it just because they couldnt devote enough time to thier show this year?

hmmm....sounds like they have a pretty good plan though

This is a strange situation. They were in 6th last year and had every chance to move up. I hope they come back in 07.

by the read, it seems to be a recruiting problem. But what they have in store for the summer seems to be a very good plan. Sounds like fun, actually :)

Best of luck AE!

Say it isn't so! :( First Stutters, then Pride, now AE. Our whole western contingent gone.......... Sad :sos:

i marched on AE's guard last year and i know a lot of the people didn't come back for the '06 season. that was probably one of the biggest problems. there were about 10 people from my city who went there who aren't returning, a few from the states who i dont think were coming back (they joined because they were going to join strutters last summer but strutters went inactive so we were the next closest corps.) and there are a few (me included) who have moved on to div I corps. in general, it is hard for canadian marching activities to stay afloat because there is no media coverage of it up here. we dont have high school or college bands or corps, they're all extracurricular and almost no one knows they exist. in canada if you said 'i march in a drum corps' people either say 'whats a drum corps?' or 'oh, so you play the drums?'. its difficult to thrive when the populous is ignorant to what we are.

Any of AE's members that want to march this summer, send Linnie or I an Private message on here, and we will get you on the field. :)

• 1 month later...
Say it isn't so! :( First Stutters, then Pride, now AE. Our whole western contingent gone.......... Sad :sos:

No worries, the Western contingent is all but "Gone".... Every corps has had to take a season off now and then.. its the nature of the beast in Div III, especially in Canada where marching arts are all but absent in most areas of the country.

Allegiance has a good program going this summer, and I have confidence that they will be back in '07...

As well, from what I hear, The Strutters are currently rebuilding as well..

Edited by Canadacorps