I think that a drum corps should play a 311 show.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not as progressive? are you kidding? romeo couldn't hold petrucci's guitar case? are you kidding? i'll admit that petrucci is better, but c'mon man-romeo is...freaking impressive to say the least.

the difference is symphony x is more neo-classical metal influenced (which i don't really like anyway) and dream theater is more hard rock...just kinda "out-there" hard rock.

not as progressive? are you kidding? romeo couldn't hold petrucci's guitar case? are you kidding? i'll admit that petrucci is better, but c'mon man-romeo is...freaking impressive to say the least.

the difference is symphony x is more neo-classical metal influenced (which i don't really like anyway) and dream theater is more hard rock...just kinda "out-there" hard rock.

Don't get me wrong, I like Symph X as well. I am actually listening to The Odessey right now.

Romeo, is not as "diverse" as Petrucci. He is good, but tends to repeat himself alot.

aaahhh very, very true.

i just meant apples in oranges in reference to style. neo-classical to hard rock.

• 11 months later...
As long as Omaha Stylee was played, I would maintain 300% support behind breaking alot of rules. I'd be willing to break more rules If Chad Sexton drummed.

LOL

The title of the show could be

"More Funky Styles Than a Laser Jet Got Fonts!"

LOL

*sorry to dig up an old thread, but Omaha Stylee just popped up on my iPod.

Two Words:

Dream Theater!

DVWBWEA970366.jpg

YA!!!!!!

Must find the Teal Sound show now...to the internet!

Oh, and whoever said that Symphony X is better than Dream Theater, you are wrong. No Offense. :rolleyes:

LOL

The title of the show could be

"More Funky Styles Than a Laser Jet Got Fonts!"

LOL

*sorry to dig up an old thread, but Omaha Stylee just popped up on my iPod.

yayyyyyy my thread is back. much 311 love.

311? Really? I guess I don't know their music well enough to be able to imagine that at all. Unless the show involved a rapper and guitars, which I would definitely watch.

there are artists that surely could make for more effective straightforward translations to the field, but i still think it would be a highly worthwhile endeavor, and enjoyable to both perform and watch. music arrangers have done some amazing things in this activity...

Edited by Jared_mello