I think that a drum corps should play a 311 show.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never met a DCI drummer who didn't like 311 AND Incubus.....Although 311 plus a vocalist doesn't sound like too good of an idea, based on lyrics and various references to drug use.....

Yeah 311 is a rock/reggae/hip hop/ska/punk type band that is pretty much amazing on 86 different levels.

Oooooooooooooooooooooo-kay. Now I've got to ask what "ska" is.

Mike (actually remembers the folks watching the Lawrence Welk Show)

I've never met a DCI drummer who didn't like 311 AND Incubus.....Although 311 plus a vocalist doesn't sound like too good of an idea, based on lyrics and various references to drug use.....

If you don't think you can find four songs out of 9 CD's worth that don't include drug use, then you are simply crazy.

I have met DCI drummers who don't like them, but I'd go so far as to say that....85% of them do. And that's a LOT. (most would say "old" Incubus, though.) Don't forget Red Hot Chili Peppers, and some Sublime.

You've arranged Incubus for the field?? What songs did you use/can you send a link/recording??

You've arranged Incubus for the field?? What songs did you use/can you send a link/recording??

I'd really, really have to dig, and frankly I don't have the time. However, Incubus "I Wish You Were Here" is pretty darn cool for MB -- all the little fluttery stuff can work into the ww nicely. Most of the Incubus would have to be shortened a bit, as per normal...