Best Guard Uniforms ever

I think the picture of Garfield nicely illustrates just how good a guard can look in a uniform adapted from or based on that of the corps proper.

I agree about that uniform, but given the role of the guard in today's drum corps, do you really believe that that would be a practical uniform?

I agree about that uniform, but given the role of the guard in today's drum corps, do you really believe that that would be a practical uniform?

Sure. The only difference might be to do all the pieces in some sort of spandex blend, and away you go. To say otherwise would be to assume that ballet dancers wearing similar costumes can't dance in them. Of course they can . . . and they do.

Visual aid?

206049097_l.jpg

The best I could find, on some random Seattle girl's myspace. Somehow I couldn't find pictures anywhere else....so that's the side view. To phrase it as PC as possible, the view from the front was a....sight to behold. I think I did a triple-take or something the first time they walked by (Broken Arrow, OK....I even remember where, lol).

edit - if you are that girl (I think it was the page of the girl on the right) and don't want your picture on here, let me know or something. I figured if it's online, it's online.

Edited by Jared_mello

hi..............................................................................

...................scades

i had no idea ^OO^

but now i do

Edited by TommySopranoContra

So the jacket wasn't stiff?

As far as I know, the jacket was a variation on the same jacket the guard had been wearing for years, which was much the same thing guards had been wearing, and moving around in quite successfully, for years.

See? Reason #8 why I love modern drum corps/society. :)

Hooray for having 3 years left in this wonderful activity.

I've been avoiding this topic for awhile as I didnt think I had anything to add, than I remembered seeing seattles guard this past summer in Indy. I heard some people didnt like their show because of some mic speak or something, but I dont remember Seattle fielding anything more than a guard.... Nothing better than beautiful girls in those uniforms bending down to pick up a new flag. :P

I've been avoiding this topic for awhile as I didnt think I had anything to add, than I remembered seeing seattles guard this past summer in Indy. I heard some people didnt like their show because of some mic speak or something, but I dont remember Seattle fielding anything more than a guard.... Nothing better than beautiful girls in those uniforms bending down to pick up a new flag. :P

And how about those guys!