Best Guard Uniforms ever

That's the thing about EYES....you can use them, to look whereever you choose.

That's why when people complain incessantly about Spin Cycle, I'm just kind of indifferent; I either watched the drill, or the work that the guard was doing. If 4/5's of a color guard is wearing something like that, I could care less that 8 guys are wearing the same uniform with slight alterations (c'mon, I doubt they fit like THAT) on the field.

If that or anything else previously sounded overly objectifying or anything, I apologize, it wasn't meant to be. :devin:

I'm a huge fan of Regiment's entire visual package in 96. The whole thing was exquisite in it's starkness and simplicity and the way it fit the music. Definitely one of those things that could only be done at that time...no drill writer alive today would be able to resist writing all kinds of crazy drill at the end that would have totally ruined the effect the corps was going for.

Most of the others I would mention have already been named, except for Phantom 98 :worthy:

98...fun to wear :D

206049097_l.jpg

The best I could find, on some random Seattle girl's myspace. Somehow I couldn't find pictures anywhere else....so that's the side view. To phrase it as PC as possible, the view from the front was a....sight to behold. I think I did a triple-take or something the first time they walked by (Broken Arrow, OK....I even remember where, lol).

edit - if you are that girl (I think it was the page of the girl on the right) and don't want your picture on here, let me know or something. I figured if it's online, it's online.

This is too ugly for words. Didn't really care for the Cadets 1982 psuedo uniform either, but next to these they look #### right elegant.

Seems like it would be hard to move in :worthy:

For that time period as far as what guards were doing, it was perfect for them. A guard I taught used the same skirt design but with a different jacket, and had no problem moving around. Jackets for guards back then were made of a stretchy type material such as polyester/cotten blend.

Reminds me of the unis Cavies wore not so long ago.

Except a tad more appealing.

(were you referring to '94? in that case, no comment on the "not so long ago" quote, haha)

Uh, and ummm.....#### "elegant." :worthy:

Except a tad more appealing.

(were you referring to '94? in that case, no comment on the "not so long ago" quote, haha)

Uh, and ummm.....#### "elegant." :worthy:

Oh I agree a whole lot more appealing than what Cavies wore.....but not my cup of tea as far as uniform design....but that's just MO.