Hey, DCA! The Wildwoods are open for business.

Just thought I'd let you all know that the snow is gone, the rides are already screaming on the weekends, and all that great boardwalk junk food you remember so fondly from the last time you were here is starting to mutate... er, cook.

Where are you? I miss you guys. June 17th seems so long to wait for the DCA season opener at the convention center. The Caballeros are going to have an entire weekend camp here in the Wildwoods in May, so that will help. But, gee whiz, guys... I miss you, I really, REALLY miss you.

Please get here quick!!!! :blink:

Thom B)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to it, Thom...... once again the Wildwood show will be a great way to start the DCA season!!!!

Fran

2 months and 2 days

not that i'm counting or anything

:blink:

I'm gnashing my teeth as well.

Next to The Harrisburg,Serenade In Brass I really look forward to the first taste of DCA, in Wildwood.

I got a look see at the Cabs. in Harrisburg. For the season opener they were in fine form. Not counting the fact that they were nearly naked! No uniforms. It was quite starteling to see them out of uniform.~gasps~

Well of course they had cloths on! Tee shirts and black pants. But with that Cabs pride thing, they got going on. They must have FELT naked.~grins~

How 'bout requiring each corps to leave their uniforms at home, come dressed in appropriate colored board-shorts, t-shirts, bare-feet & sunglasses. Warm-up areas on the beach, and free admission to Morey's Piers afterwards! Wow, imagine doing basics in the soft-hot-dry sand, that'll get your calves in shape! We'll see who gets their toes up high enough!

Arrgghh!

Actually it was kind of nice to wear t shirts. Satin can get sticky when you are hot. We are very excited about getting our new uni's in May though. As for Wildwood we are really excited to be going down to our second home again soon, and the boys of Los Torros (our informal motorcycle group) will be riding down in style.

(please tell me I spelled satin right) ^0^

How 'bout requiring each corps to leave their uniforms at home, come dressed in appropriate colored board-shorts, t-shirts, bare-feet & sunglasses. Warm-up areas on the beach, and free admission to Morey's Piers afterwards! Wow, imagine doing basics in the soft-hot-dry sand, that'll get your calves in shape! We'll see who gets their toes up high enough!

Arrgghh!

How bout leaving the uni's at home and buying the entire corps their respective version of the "(Insert Corps name here) Beach Party" shirts from those wonderful Wildwood boardwalk vendors...