The Cadets

Hello everyone, this is my first post.

Perhaps The Cadets will play this old music as past of the pre-program/warmup they have become famous for over the recent years.

I think you need to give them a roundhouse kick to straighten them out.

Always works on "Walker, Texas Ranger"... :P

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need to give them a roundhouse kick to straighten them out.

Always works on "Walker, Texas Ranger"... :P

Haha. Well it happens to be that The Cadets are my favorite corps. No kicks will be needed. I reserve those for the illegal immigrants and corrupt indians living in the American southwest.

I suppose it could, if they can get it right.

But then again, why give the judges more reasons to slam you?

actually, if no one is talking during this, it could be cool.

I'm jealous.

I marched in a small, local-circuit junior corps back in the day. We phased a lot, and NEVER got credit for it. B)

Fran

I think I'll throw in a revised quote from someone that I think is pertinent to Cadets '06. Brackets are my words...

"Did you see the Cadets '98? What was that [stuff]?! It was like Stonehenge. I don't know [what the heck] that is. I saw that show a lot on tour and it was [freaky/weird/abnormal]. Then I sat in the stands on finals night and went, 'Wow, this is awesome [stuff]!' AND, they won!"

The brackets can be words of your imagination.

"Huh?":

I hope they go on at "Prelims" right before the Madison Alumni. I really do. The "Senior Scouts" will end up with sound barrier shattering ovations that the late CH Bebe will be able to hear......

Elphaba

I'm jealous.

I marched in a small, local-circuit junior corps back in the day. We phased a lot, and NEVER got credit for it. B)

Fran

Fran, back then perfection was expected by both the staff and judges. Today's drum corps field brass ensembles, perfection has no meaning or worse, perfection restricts the artistic endevours to today's designers/arrangers.

Haha. Well it happens to be that The Cadets are my favorite corps. No kicks will be needed. I reserve those for the illegal immigrants and corrupt indians living in the American southwest.

Chuck, didn't you teach the Cadets hornline how to kick? :P

This phasing has Sylvester written all over it, it's something Zingali would've done to make everyone uneasy. I'm looking forward to the surrealism and the rest of the season, too. It looks like another crowded top 12 in 2006.

Actually, when I read about it not being in sync I thought "what a great idea!"

It's like a special effect from a movie. It sounds like it's meant to have a disorienting feeling. It recaps just like most sequels do, it gives a new spin on the original, and sets the tone for the rest of the show...

Functional, creative, retrospective, and foreshadowing- sounds good to me!

Still needs a ninja though! :worthy:

Edited by Stick Stack