Marion Cadets go inactive (again) in 2006

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know who cooked our "food"? Our truck driver!! And he was hired on just to drive the truck, he did not look like a guy I would want cooking my food, but, we took whatever we would get. He would drive all night, and then be responsible for our food, pretty tough job if you ask me.

Edited by MGCpimpOtimp

QUOTE(MGCpimpOtimp @ May 3 2006, 09:38 PM)

Anyone else thing 45 grand is a little much to run a div III drum corps?

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2004...0726773-1-9.pdf

WOW thats more than our total annual Budget for the whole year tour included???

QUOTE(MGCpimpOtimp @ May 3 2006, 09:38 PM)

Anyone else thing 45 grand is a little much to run a div III drum corps?

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2004...0726773-1-9.pdf

WOW thats more than our total annual Budget for the whole year tour included???

I don't think 45 grand is that bad. I know that you must spend at least $5 per day per kid in food and probably at least $500/day (if not $1K) on fuel for buses and trucks. If you have 60 kids and you tour 20 days, that's getting close. Add housing fees; instructor fees; equipment repair & replacement; uniform repair, replacement and cleaning; new flags..... it adds up.

I think the $45k is listed under "Directors, etc." payment - not what it was costing to run the corps.

Correct SoonerFan04, if you read the whole tax report, you can see how much money was spent on what. 45k is indeed what Mr. King made for the summer.

Tax forms can mean alot of things, the food items could have been for the bingo operations. The question is, does he get paid for a successful bingo operation or a successful corps? If the latter is true then the corps is just a function to keep the bingo going. That seems to be popular nowadays in this area. Butler has a successfull bingo, but its been years since the Vagabonds have been on the field or even the street for that matter.

Tax forms can mean alot of things, the food items could have been for the bingo operations. The question is, does he get paid for a successful bingo operation or a successful corps? If the latter is true then the corps is just a function to keep the bingo going. That seems to be popular nowadays in this area. Butler has a successfull bingo, but its been years since the Vagabonds have been on the field or even the street for that matter.

He is paid to run a drum corpes the bingo is to support that.They never filed for evaluation from dcI so where was the corps going to compete.Did the kids they had get money back they paid each month.Think of what they spent in tavel to camp plus time involved and not knowing who the staff was going to be.I may be wrong but they have not had a member from Marion County the last five years and made no attempt to.

He is paid to run a drum corpes the bingo is to support that.They never filed for evaluation from dcI so where was the corps going to compete.Did the kids they had get money back they paid each month.Think of what they spent in tavel to camp plus time involved and not knowing who the staff was going to be.I may be wrong but they have not had a member from Marion County the last five years and made no attempt to.

I agree the bingo is to be the support mechanism, but it doesn't seem to be working here or in a couple other places were the corps seem to fold every year. The kids deserve better. :(