DCI Classic Countdown Quality Poll

Audio Quality at DCI Classic Countdown  

76 members have voted

1. 1. How did you feel about the audio quality of the DCI Countdown?

• excellent
    • above average
    • average
    • below average
    • not fit for broadcast

Hi all........I've seen unsatisfaction regarding the audio quality of the DCI Classic Showdown show this year.

I just thought that a unified poll to show our thoughts may help DCI in the future with their productions.

PLEASE VOTE!!!

I thought the audio quality was a definate step up from last years countdown.

The theater I was at in Houston lacked the earthquaking sound that I was anticipating. Had the volume been turned up, audience reaction would have been a lot louder than it was.

Edited by Danpod

My biggest complaint is, whats the deal with no surround sound?!?!?! I could've watched it at home and had better sound quality, so I was not happy about paying $12.50. The picture quality was not great either. From what I understand, the reason for the poor quality was that it was an internet feed. Seems like there are better options considering people are paying $12.50 to see this.

At the 15 minute- Intermission, I asked the theatre manager to please turn up the volume. Added that Drum Corps fans love it LOUD, lol! So he did smiling, just as the theatre did the at last year's Classic Countdown at my request. :)

Edited by Yenta

No surround sound in Wilmington.....wtf.

Citrus Park Town Center

Tampa, Florida

It was great!

They had it up so loud that the left front speaker quit during Phantom Regiment's opener. They had it working again within a few minutes.

Thanks!! :laugh:

Woob, you know how I feel about it. The management in Houston said they were playing it at the levels DCI recommended. They said it was the product they were given that was the problem and that they were already playing it at almost twice the normal level. I had them turn it up in the past and it still didn't have any bass, still sounded like mono instead of stereo and pretty much muted the higher volumes. I've already written DCI trying to be respectful with my disappointment but as Josh said, they're making too much cash off of this to invest in better production. What I can't understand is that they managed to get the announcers volumes way up but couldn't do the same for the drum corps. I can't justify spending $12 on something this blah again.

In Indy, the sound was mostly good. The only real issue was Madison being soft; every show after that, though, was fine.