Phoenix Regional 2007

you sweat doing corps in arizona. TRUST ME. it just evaporates right off of you.

Which (as im sure you recall) is disgusting, because then you get wierd salt deposits on your skin from the evaporated sweat and you feel all sorts of nasty and gritty.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kinda like regular drum corps? :P

Edited by BariEuph

high school bands also stop frequently, stop for meals, etc. i've driven from phoenix to california, with a drum corps caravan of buses and equipment trucks... it didn't take nine to ten hours. i guess we were a phenomenon?

UofA stadium would be horrible for a show...i've marched there before in high school as a member and as a drum major....either way, someone gets screwed. the stands face east/west, not north south. backfield marching? blinded. the fans or the members get POUNDED.

you sweat doing corps in arizona. TRUST ME. it just evaporates right off of you.

If you've ever played in the U of A stadium at night, it's something special. My favorite place to march, but I've never been on it durring the daytime, and so you're probably right about that.

myth = arizona is a dry heat. we get a summer rainy season, starting around the first week of july, lasting through august.
Are you sure you live in arizona? Its not exactly a real rainy season. Its a MONSOON season....sporadic but infrequent thunderstorms.

And yes, it is a dry heat. Unless daily humidity levels of 10-15% is considered moist.

Edited by ZSDAvenger

thank you, yes, i'm sure i live in arizona. born there, lived in the same house 16 years. when it rains more than 3 times a week, when it sometimes does, it's a rainy season.

miami doesn't get hurricanes every day, but it's still called hurricane season.

if you can feel the humidity in the air, it's not dry. but what would i know, i've just just lived there for, like, 93% of my life so far :laugh:

sorry, but i'm not going to indulge your immature personal attacks.

back on topic, i definitely look forward to seeing a regional in arizona. and they won't die in the heat. :)

But we have some pool parks and it would be really cool if DCI rented out like, for AZ ppl, Golf Land and let all of the corps have a free day there!! Good way to interact with other members!!

Thanks for the Golfland plug. As the group sales manager Golfland Entertainment Centers and an avid Drum Corps supporter I would love to offer our facilities to DCI but I would think the kids would have bigger concerns a week before finals than riding the waves at our waterparks. Does anyone know if this has ever been done before?

Edited by SteenAZ

when there have been large shows in orlando, i know some corps have had one of their summer "free days" in the theme parks. rehearsal in the am, parks in the afternoon/evening. granted, a week before finals might be a different matter. Maybe since most of the corps have to travel east after finals, and I-10 is really the best way to do that from LA, they could stop for a day after....would kind of detract from the purpose of a relief from the arizona heat though :P

glad i can entertain :)