Has any corps ever won a high caption award who hasn't won a DCI t

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

lol jerk, you couldnt just IM me?

anyway, to clarify for the easily confused people ( *cough* byron *cough* ) i mean are there any corps out there that have won a caption award but do not have a DCI title under their belt?

27th Lancers almost did it in drums in 84....they were only 1/10th back from us.

Soirit's never taken the ring, but their guard's won at least once...

Spirit's guard has won twice, and the drumline tied Bridgemen for high drums in 1980, I believe it was.

They did tie but back then they used I believe the GE Perc caption as a tie breaker so Bridgemen won drums outright.

Didn't Troopers win M&M captions back in the day?

We - 27th Lancers Won the GE Trophy in 1980 but never won a finals.

We may also a very early drum trophy....or maybe not...? That may have been prior to DCI

Yeah, we won guard trophies, but that didn't count as a caption.....

Edited by LancerFi

They did tie but back then they used I believe the GE Perc caption as a tie breaker so Bridgemen won drums outright.

Didn't Troopers win M&M captions back in the day?

which i always thought was an upset....clearly spirit's line outdrummed and outperformed them...not even a competition

but plenty of corps have taken the a or more than one caption(s) without taking the title. How many did star rack up its last few years. 93 they took percussion and....brass, i think.

it is extremely possible, especially for corps placing so close together for them to win captions without the title

Edited by walder

which i always thought was an upset....clearly spirit's line outdrummed and outperformed them...not even a competition

ha! another unofficial Bridgemen apologist! :P don't hate my friend..... appreciate!

I know they didn't deserve it in 81 or 82 either ^0^

Spirit was in 10th place with a 1st place guard. (yes it counts)

Bridgemen in 11th place won Drums.

and like someone just said, 27th was in 10th place and had just missed drums.

I think it's cool when a Corp out of the running can be given a score that is not SLOTTED.

Edited by Cop

I think it's cool when a Corp out of the running can be given a score that is not SLOTTED.

I think it's even cooler when a corps who finishes 10th or 11th actually has a hornline or drumline or color guard that deserves to win their caption. Because in the last 20 years, I'm sure I haven't seen one.