Rudeness from souvie booths/staff/members

Last year when I was busy doing my post show shopping during scores announcements, I happened to be picking out the 4 items I was going to purchase from a certain corps. When their second place score was announced, the 2 young women working the booth starting making rude comments about the corps that placed first that evening. I was not the only person shopping at this stand at the time. I found this to be out of line, especially after watching the performances that night, I thought they were not as good as the corps placing first.

I can understand disappointment of low placements, but I don't think you should bash another corps, especially not in front of potential customers. I have to tell you that I didn't purchase any other items from that corps(I had already spend $35 from their booth earlier in the night) the rest of the season.

Just wondering, what rude things have you experienced over the years? This is not to bash corps, so please don't mention them by name, just what you have experienced. Have you ever been so disappointed/upset that you didn't shop at their booth?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a piece of cake from Glassmen's booth in 2003. There was a piece of broken glass in it (oh, the irony), but after I brought it back, they gave me a free shirt. After they were sure I wasn't really ###### off about having chomped into something potentially dangerous (I saw it before I actually bit the glass), we shared some laughs about the punniness of the situation. I got a pretty cool Imago shirt from a few years before.

okay fine, that's not true at all.

I've made rude comments about corps I don't like.

I've made rude comments about corps I don't like.

Just wondering, were you on staff, or working for a souvie booth at the time?

I'm sorry, but this is a competetive activity and even souvie people have emotions. =)

Just wondering, were you on staff, or working for a souvie booth at the time?

Nope.

If you don't want to hear comments that naturally evolve from competition, please, go to an exhibition show.

Edited by Maestro767

I am used to hearing rude comments from the stands, and from people milling around after the show. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, I personally don't feel that someone asking for people to buy their products/souvies should be making negative comments towards another corps.

I am not going to mention the name of the corps either, as I don't want my negative view on them from last year to encourage anyone else not to support them.

The corps director did reply to my e-mail directly, and said the 2 working the stand had been previous members of the corps. He also mentioned an affiliation with the corps that the 2 women were bashing, and said he personally had nothing but respect for the organization. I found him to have alot of class, and will support their booth next year, as I was surprised to hear from the director personally on this issue.

I am used to hearing rude comments from the stands, and from people milling around after the show. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, I personally don't feel that someone asking for people to buy their products/souvies should be making negative comments towards another corps.

I am not going to mention the name of the corps either, as I don't want my negative view on them from last year to encourage anyone else not to support them.

The corps director did reply to my e-mail directly, and said the 2 working the stand had been previous members of the corps. He also mentioned an affiliation with the corps that the 2 women were bashing, and said he personally had nothing but respect for the organization. I found him to have alot of class, and will support their booth next year, as I was surprised to hear from the director personally on this issue.

I agree with you that those in any sort of official corps position ought to exercise self control when in the public eye. It just leads to stuff like...well...this thread.

Nope.

If you don't want to hear comments that naturally evolve from competition, please, go to an exhibition show.

True. But don't think that i wont see that person as an ########.

Hey..I'm as much of a competitor as the next guy..but you should watch what you say, exp. when you are a corps sovie person.