Website Access Problem

JohnZ

And so it continues....

the frustrating thing about this is that I can access from home intermittently. I went home last night, fired up the computer and hit DCP on the first try (around 5-5:30) left for a while then tried again around 8ish, and got the 'not available' screen on both IE and Mozilla. No change the rest of the night or this morning.

It is just DCP. no other sites bookmarked or not are affected.

Did all of the suggestions already noted above, some twice including IPrelease/config (I am well versed on that one due to some other unrelated network issues I had several months ago).

shut down our home router, modem and all computers overnight to flush out the system, no change.

I do see some references to errors/conflicts in one particular IP address on the log, but am not sure it is DCP.

Are you seeing anything on the other end? I'm grasping for straws here, so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post or email, please. And thanks to all for your assistance.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John,

Drop me a PM or EMail (support@drumcorpsplanet.com) with your IP address. If you're sharing an internet connection amongst several computers, I'll need the 'public' address of your router. Armed with that, I can scan our logs to see if something has been recorded on our side.

The offer remains for an IM chat or phone call to work thru this.

-john

I didn't forget your offer John, I just wasnt able to pull up your PM from home.

I've emailed your info home and will try to connect sometime this evening with the IPadd.

Thanks again!

XP updated.

I thought it was resolved, but it isn't - still happening but not as frequently.

I get one shot at accessing DCP intermittently. I get the error message the rest of the time. very random.

John:

It sounds like the exact same problem I was having.

JohnD gave me a couple of different name servers to use. You'd have to plug them into your router to override the ISP settings.

Using "only" your ISP's DNS servers may occationally lead to problems if your ISP is having problems with their own DNS servers (attacks, neglect or otherwise). It's always good to have some "secondary" DNS servers that are public. You can do some Googling to find some PUBLIC DNS SERVERS. ;-)

P.S. sounds like you ISP's DNS servers are/were not up to snuff.

If ya need some dns you could use mine ns1.drumcorp.com and winserver.isandc.com to test it

Using "only" your ISP's DNS servers may occationally lead to problems if your ISP is having problems with their own DNS servers (attacks, neglect or otherwise). It's always good to have some "secondary" DNS servers that are public. You can do some Googling to find some PUBLIC DNS SERVERS. ;-)

P.S. sounds like you ISP's DNS servers are/were not up to snuff.

• 1 month later...

Its back.

all last weekend, and last night. I am ready to chuck something out the window, but I don't know what to grab and toss. nothing is different, nothing stands out as a trigger for making it happen, and nothing is obvious that corrects it.

if someone could email me a phone # or something so I could coordinate a little tech help to fix this in the evening between 6 - 12pm my time, I would greatly appreciate it. this is beyond my novice comprehension of servers/ISPs/routing/witchcraft.